Well, hey there stranger. Remember me? I know some of you do, because I’m still receiving comments on older posts (hello Italian Anise Bundt Cake) and visitor traffic to the site. I’ve been super crazy with family, sports schedules, and Supply Chain day job. Life is going great, but I’ve been missing you all. Yes, missing you…the readers that have been with me since the Pepperoni and Cheese Pizza Pull Apart Bread craze of 2012. Wow! That’s such a long time, and I’m SO HAPPY to still have so many of you stopping by for recipes. This Double Cheese and Pepperoni Grilled Cheese was previously published on a site that’s sadly, no longer active. I wanted to share the actual recipe (more like instructions, if I’m being honest), so it wasn’t lost. Forgive the photo. I was just getting started with this whole food blog thing.
Most people know how to make a basic grilled cheese, but this sandwich takes the regular grilled cheese to another level. I used a combination of mozzarella and provolone to create a great melt. Who doesn’t love a super gooey grilled cheese. Both cheeses blend perfectly with the zesty pepperoni inside the toasted bread.
Technically, it’s a three cheese grilled cheese from the addition of the grated parmesan making the bread all golden brown and toasty on the outside, but whose counting. Add a side of spaghetti sauce for dipping, and you are all set. Your kids will think you are a genius!
Revisiting the past has it’s benefits. Remembering a sarcastic and humour filled human that was loved by so many, seeing how far I’ve traveled with this site, and Friday night dinner menu all at once. I’m going to do my best to start giving you more of what you love…easy and delicious recipes. I’m even bringing my niece on board as a contributor to help out to keep content current. Exciting things are happening in the kitchen, and I’ll be sharing more details soon enough. So stay tuned!
- 2 slices white Italian bread
- 1 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz provolone cheese
- 6-8 slices pepperoni
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons softend butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In small bowl, stir together softened butter, grated parmesan cheese, and garlic powder
- Heat frying pan to medium heat
- Spread butter mixture one side of bread slice
- Place bread, buttered side down in pan
- Place mozzarella cheese on bread slice in pan, followed by pepperoni slices, and then top with remaining provolone cheese
- Spread butter mixture on one side of the second slice of bread and top open faced sandwich in pan
- Cook on the first side of the sandwich until browned nicely and cheese starts to melt
- Use spatula to flip sandwich, brown second side.
- Remove from pan and serve with side of sauce for dipping
Do you have a favorite recipe I’ve shared in here In The Kitchen? Or is there something you want to see featured? I’d love to hear from you.
This article was previously published by me over on the awesome site Aiming Low. Aiming Low was a great site filled with humour and passionate stories, created by the amazing woman, Anissa Mayhew. May Anissa be wreaking havoc, creating chaos, and laughing her tail off in heaven forever.