Labor Day is fast approaching. It’s time to get into party planning mode. This week the #SundaySupper crew is celebrating with Gallo Family Vineyards on the launch of their new delicious Riesling. We’re all sharing our favorite recipes for entertaining for the upcoming holiday weekend. Summer isn’t over yet, so I am pulling out all the stops with this fresh and fruity Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler!
I had the opportunity to try the new light-bodied Riesling at the Food and Wine Conference. During our tasting, I really enjoyed the delightful notes of peach and pear and was inspired to use it in a way to complement my favorite Summer fruits.
I never realized how easy it was to make a homemade cobbler until DH made one a few years ago. Now when I am wandering the produce aisle, I am always thinking of new flavor combinations to try in this buttery, batter deliciousness.
In my recipe I enjoyed the Riesling flavors with the vibrant fresh peaches and plump blueberries. If you prefer an alternative to Riesling, try pairing Gallo Family Vineyards Sweet Red with plums, tart cherries or raspberries for a different twist on your favorite cobbler recipe. Still undecided what to make for your guests? See plenty of scrumptious Labor Day Recipes here to help create your own mouthwatering menu.
Gallo Family Riesling pairs perfectly with all your grilled favorites as well as a sassy, spicy pasta dish to extend your Summer celebrations just a little longer. Just keep barbecuing into Fall and Winter and enjoying Riesling all year round. I won’t tell. If you can keep a secret, I will even share this awesome Gallo Family $1.00 coupon with you to save some cash for buying more wine later. More wine is always a good thing since a glass of the Riesling would also be quite enjoyable on the side of this cobbler for dessert.
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Cup sugar
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Cup milk
- ¼ Cup natural vanilla creamer
- 1 Cup Gallo Riesling
- ½ Cup Light brown sugar
- 3 large peaches skinned and sliced
- 1 Cup fresh blueberries
- In a large saucepan, combine light brown sugar and Gallo Riesling.
- Simmer wine and sugar on medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add sliced peaches and ¼ cup of the blueberries to the wine in the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Continue cooking peaches and blueberries in wine mixture on high heat until liquid is reduced to a thick syrup consistency, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and set aside and allow fruit to cool.
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, and pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in an 8-inch square baking dish; set in oven to melt.
- When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add milk and creamer to dry ingredients and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into baking dish on top of the melted butter.
- Evenly distribute the cooked peaches and blueberries over the batter, and sprinkle with remaining fresh blueberries.
- Bake in oven until batter browns and fruit bubbles, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with optional whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Don’t forget to check out all of the other amazing recipes from the #SundaySupper crew for plenty of tasty Labor Day Entertaining ideas and recipes.
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.