This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods, LLC.. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love bacon, plain and simple. I am of the philosophy that bacon makes the world go ’round and adds excitement to everyday dishes. We don’t go out to eat often, and cooking at home every day with the same old entrees can get boring. I zapped the boredom of my favorite meatloaf by simply wrapping it in HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Bacon. The end result, a perfectly portioned, Bacon Wrapped Mini Meat Loaf packing an explosion of flavors.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- ¾ Cup salad dressing spread or your favorite mayonnaise
- ½ Cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 package BLACK LABEL® thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 385 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking pan with a wire rack insert with a light coating of cooking spray on the rack.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salad dressing, bread crumbs, and onion soup mix. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide meat mixture into 8 equal portions.
- Form each portion of the meat mixture into a small loaf.
- Wrap each loaf with a strip (or two) of bacon, so mini loaf is covered.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until meat loaf is cooked through.
- Remove meat loaves from oven and turn over.
- Raise oven temperature to 425 degrees F and return mini loaves to oven to crisp bacon 5-7 minutes. Turn loaves again and repeat so all wrapped bacon is crisp.
- Remove from oven to set 3-5 minutes, and then serve with your favorite sides.