Happy Sunday Supper y’all! I am very happy to be back with my favorite foodies to participate in our Thankful #SundaySupper. This week we are sharing some amazing dishes to celebrate Thanksgiving and Hanukkah. We have the entire meal covered from appetizers to desserts and of course we included a delightful wine paring for many of the recipes! I’m sharing one of my favorite appetizers Raspberry and Brie Baked Crescent Rolls.
These toasty bites of cheesy goodness are just a burst of delicious flavors in your mouth. The raspberry preserves provide the perfect fruity sweetness to the creamy, melted brie. Wine and cheese for the holiday anyone? Yeah, I thought so. My buttery raspberry and brie crescent rolls pair perfectly with your favorite wine. Your guests will gobble these babies up in no time! Be sure to save yourself one before serving them all to guests.
I never get tired of giving thanks for the blessed life I lead. A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to visit Hong Kong and Taipei for my day job. The trip was an incredible experience, but my adventure was trumped by something that happened while I was away.
I left in the wee hours on a Sunday to head to the airport for my multiple flights to get me to China. DH had an interview for a job the next morning. It went well for him. So much in fact, that he was given an offer on Wednesday. I just happened to call him from Taipei on Wednesday. We kept missing each other earlier in the week due to the time zone difference. He asked if I got his text. I said no. He said he got the job. I thought I would cry right there in the office.
For those that don’t know, DH and I moved to Atlanta over four years ago for my day job. The relocation was a huge opportunity for the family. We were in a good position financially to move, and my company offered a phenomenal relocation package. We decided to take the leap. What happened next, we never would have imagined.
DH works in social services, and by the time we moved to Georgia, the economy was in it’s downward spiral. That meant finding any type of job related to social services was non-existent. DH assumed the role of stay at home dad, but never stopped looking for employment. It took over four years, but he is finally back to work in the field he loves and helping those less fortunate. I am beyond thankful for my husband, and the life we share together with our children. The life that can finally start moving forward here in the South.
Speaking of South…this week’s event is being hosted by the lovely Paula of Vintage Kitchen from Buenos Aires. Another little known fact…Sunday Supper is GLOBAL y’all. There is no shortage of diversity, culture or love in this group of extraordinary foodies, and for that I am also very thankful to call the Sunday Supper crew my friends. Now go check out this week’s magnificent recipes before I get all teary and short out my laptop.
FIRST COURSE / APPETIZERS
- Harvest Soup from Bea of The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Horseradish Cranberry & Herbed Cheese Bites from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Rosemary Baklava with Brie from Christie of A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
SAVORY BREADS + STUFFING
- Cloverleaf Rolls from Micha of Cookin’ Mimi
- Freeze and Bake Buttermilk Biscuits from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Picnic Roll from Linda of The Urban Mrs
- Raspberry and Brie Crescent Rolls from Karen of In The Kitchen With KP
- Cornbread Stuffing with Chorizo and Craisins from Isabel at Family Foodie
- Easy Gluten-Free Corn “Bread” Stuffing from Laura at Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Eggless Herb and Garlic Fresh Pasta from Sarah at What Smells So Good?
- Honey Orange Turkey Breast from Cindy at Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brussels Sprout Latkes from Susan at The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cheesey Scalloped Potatoes from Shaina at Take A Bite Out Of Boca
- Cornucopia Sweet Potato Barley Salad from Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet
- Creamy Scalloped Corn from Alaiyo at Pescetarian Journal
- Fried Smashed Potatoes from Renee at Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grandpa’s Simple Stuffing from Bobbi at Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Green Beans with Pecans and Cranberries from Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Sweet Potatoes from Jennifer at Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Italian American Turkey Dressing from Anne at Webicurean
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bake from Lori at Foxes Love Lemons
- Maple Sweet Potatoes with Browned Butter Pecan Topping from Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Mushroom and Barley Casserole with Bacon, Gruyere and Spinach from Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries and Blue Cheese from Sarah at Curious Cuisiniere
DESSERTS + SWEET BREADS
- Almond Brioche Sticky Buns from Alice at Hip Foodie Mom
- Baked Caramel Apple Cider Donuts from Nicole at Daily Dish Recipes
- Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie from Cheryl at Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Blue Ribbon Meyer Lemon Mascarpone Cheesecake from Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious
- Bourbon Pecan Pie from Julie at The Texan New Yorker
- Chocolate Moussecake from Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Rolls from Conni at The Foodie Army Wife
- Gingered Butternut Squash Tart from Renee of Magnolia Days
- Hanukkah Lemon Star Cookies from Shannon at Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Manischewitz, Cranberry Double Holiday Donuts from Kim at Ninja Baking
- Mini Maple Sweet Potato Pies from Holly at Mess Makes Food
- Mini Pumpkin Pies from Nichole at Casa de Crews
- Mom’s Custard Pie from Courtney at Neighborfood
- No Bake Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake from Tammi of Momma’s Meals
- Plum and Blackberry Crumble from Katy at Happy Baking Days
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake from Heather at girlichef
- Salted Butterscotch Pudding from Jane at Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie from Laura at Pies and Plots
- Sweet Potato Gingersnap Pie from Paula at Vintage Kitchen Notes
All American Wine Pairing Guide for Being Thankful #SundaySupper from Martin at ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter this week Sunday, November 23rd, to talk about our favorite recipes to celebrate Thanksgiving and Hanukkah. Everyone is welcome! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET, and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!
What is one thing you are thankful for this holiday season?
- 1 small jar of all fruit raspberry preserves
- 4-5 oz of soft brie cheese, sliced
- 1 can regular crescent rolls (8)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate and slightly flatten crescent roll dough triangles on greased baking sheet.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry preserves on each dough triangle.
- Place small rectangle of sliced brie on top of raspberry preserves.
- Spread another 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry preserves on top of brie slice.
- Roll crescents like normal, carefully keeping the brie and preserves inside as you roll and seal the openings.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven, let set for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm.