It has been way too long since I participated in a Sunday Supper theme post. Time is just flying by, and I almost missed this week too, due to a crazy work week. Missing this week would have made me very sad because it’s Sunday Supper’s birthday! We are all celebrating by sharing recipes and our favorite Sunday Supper moment. My recipe for this week is Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad, and I am pretty sure I have more than one favorite Sunday Supper moment.
The first Sunday Supper event was founded and hosted by Isabel, from Family Foodie, on January 8, 2012. My first Sunday Supper contribution was a few months later on May 27th, and I shared a Classic Wedge Salad & Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. The Sunday Supper group was warm and welcoming, and it’s one of my favorite regular features here on the blog. That brings me to one of my top moments from Sunday Supper…attending the inaugural Food and Wine Conference last year in Orlando, FL. Winning the free conference ticket and hotel accommodations to attend was awesome, but meeting Sunday Supper peeps in person was over the top amazing!
The Sunday Supper group challenges me to try new dishes, sometimes cook out of my comfort zone, and always has me wondering how I can improve my food photography. For this dish I finally tried making quinoa. I cooked it on the stove using chicken broth instead of water to add another layer of flavor to my salad. The quinoa came out nice and fluffy, and I new it would be perfect chilled for my salad.
This is a great dish to use up leftover chicken. I make a simple dressing from my favorite buffalo wing sauce and blue cheese dressing and mix with the chopped chicken. You can easily adjust the heat level of this dish by adjusting the amount of hot sauce you add. And of course, if you are not a fan of blue cheese, feel free to substitute ranch dressing.
I can’t wait to see what everyone else is sharing today for both recipes and favorite moments! Head on over and check them out too!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
- 2 cups cooked chicken,chopped
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup carrot, shredded
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- ¼ cup buffalo wing sauce
- Blue cheese crumples
- In a small bowl add blue cheese dressing and buffalo wing sauce and mix thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, add diced chicken and dressing mixture. Stir to thoroughly coat chicken.
- Add diced celery,shredded carrot, and quinoa to chicken mixture. Stir to combine.
- Serve salad topped with blue cheese crumbles.