The group’s mission is to bring back Sunday Supper Around the Family Table in every home. The family table can be anywhere as long as the main ingredient is love.
This week’s theme is favorite Memorial Day menu items from the drinks to desserts. Get ready for the YUM!
I decided to make the classic wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing. Summer holiday’s always scream BBQ to me. But whether you are grilling or not, you cannot go wrong with the cool and creamy contrast of this classic salad as a side dish.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup (2 oz.) Sargento® Crumbled Blue Cheese
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
1. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and milk in small bowl; mix until smooth. Stir in vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, salt, pepper and garlic powder until well blended. Fold in cheese.
2. Transfer to container with tight-fitting lid. Chill until serving time. Stir well before serving.
I grew up eating blue cheese dressing, kinda odd for a kid, I know. My Dad loves it though, and when we were out for family dinners he would always order blue cheese dressing for his salad. I followed in his footsteps one evening, ordered the same, and was hooked ever since. It seemed extra fitting to make this salad for the holiday weekend, while he and my mom, were in town visiting from Florida.
What food did you eat as a child trying to mirror a parent’s favorite?
Interested in joining the Sunday Supper Movement yourself?
Go check out Family Foodie’s post HERE.
All food bloggers are welcome to join.
Check out what everyone else is bringing to the party!
You can find my inspiration and the recipe HERE from My Baking Addiction.Perfect Cocktails:
About the Author (Author Profile)Happily married with two children, Karen does not hesitate to rebuff her family’s hungry advances at mealtime, while she styles and photographs their dinner to share on Instagram before serving them. In The Kitchen With KP is full of family friendly adventures around Atlanta (and beyond), plus simple recipes everyone can feel comfortable trying. In fact, her whole family participates in the cooking/baking fun on a regular basis.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Lite Mango Coconut Ice Cream with Berry Ginger Topping #SundaySupper | May 28, 2012
- Artist’s Studio Moves Outside – Mommy and Me Monday | June 4, 2012
- Steak With Blue Cheese Butter- Simple and Fresh Summer Recipes for #SundaySupper | June 10, 2012
- Buffalo Wing Slaw Hot Dogs – Summer Grilling Goodness with #Applegate | August 12, 2012
- Pinterest Board Theme Thursday – Hot Wingin’ It | September 7, 2012