Cheers and happy Sunday! I feel the need to say cheers because today the fab #SundaySupper crew is celebrating the upcoming National Moscato Day (May 9th) with Gallo family Vineyards. Our theme this week features a fabulous array of recipes that either contain Moscato in the recipe or pairs beautifully with the one of the delicious and fruity Gallo Family Vineyards White Moscato, Pink Moscato, Red Moscato. For my recipe, I chose the White Moscato bursting with hints of peach and create this Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast.
I previously made a Strawberry Stuffed French Toast using fresh strawberries, but I faced a dilemma to make a peach version. Peaches aren’t currently in season, so I decided to improvise. I mixed together peach all fruit preserves, cream cheese and a little confectioner’s sugar to make the main filling, and then further layered flavor into the dish by adding White Moscato.
The experiment was a success. The creaminess of the cream cheese was a delightful combination with the slightly sweet peach preserves and the crisp fruitiness of the White Moscato. I next thought, why not take it a step further and add another layer of flavor by drizzling a sweet Peach Moscato glaze over each slice.
It was the best decision ever! The entire combination bursts with variations of creamy, peach intensity and bright flavors. The White Moscato definitely put this dish over the top for me. I can’t wait to serve it for my next holiday family brunch, and if you are interested in trying one of Gallo Family Vineyards Moscato varieties, check out this $1 off digital coupon.
- French Toast
- 1 8 oz. pkg plain cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup peach all fruit preserves
- 2 Tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup of Gallo Family Vineyards White Moscato
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Vanilla Peach Glaze
- 1 Tablespoons of butter
- ½ Cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Vanilla creamer
- 1 heaping teaspoon of peach all fruit preserves
- 1 Tablespoon of Gallo Family Vineyards White Moscato
- Prepare an 8X8 baking dish. I used butter to coat the baking dish
- In a medium bowl, mix softened cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar and peach preserves. Combine until smooth.
- Spread 1 slice of potato bread with cream cheese mixture and top with second slice to make a sandwich.
- Repeat to make five sandwiches
- Using a bread knife, slice each sandwich into cubes, and place in buttered baking dish
- It is totally ok if a little cream cheese mixture squishes out as you cube the sandwiches. It’s all going into the same baking dish anyway.
- In another bowl mix the beaten eggs, White Moscato and vanilla creamer
- Pour mixture over the cubed sandwich pieces, making sure all pieces are fully submerged in liquid.
- Set aside for about 20 minutes, until most of egg mixture is absorbed.
- Gently spread remaining softened cream cheese mixture over cubes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- When ready to bake the French toast, remove baking dish from the fridge, and bring to room temperature (about 30 min).
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Remove plastic wrap and bake French toast in oven for 45 minutes or until firm in the center to touch and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let set for 5 minutes
- Prepare Glaze
- Melt butter in microwave safe dish
- Stir in powdered sugar until texture is almost crumbly in texture
- Add peach preserves and White Moscato and stir to desired consistency for drizzling.
- Slice French toast, drizzle with glaze and serve warm.
- Optional: top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Be sure to check out all of the other amazing recipes celebrating National Moscato Day from the #SundaySupper crew. I’m sure you will find something new to make to join in the celebration on May 9th!
Appetizers and Mains:
- Lemon Rosemary Moscato Chicken by Family Foodie
- Moscato Meatball Skewers by Melanie Makes
- Pork Roast with Peach Moscato Sauce by Magnolia Days
- Pork with Moscato Sauce & Veggies by Momma’s Meals
Beverages, Breakfast, and Sweets:
- Blackberry Bellinis by The Foodie Army Wife
- Blackberry Almond Cake with Moscato Zabaione by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Individual Plum Crumbles with Moscato Syrup by Neighborfood
- Mandarin Orange Tart by NinjaBaking.com
- Mango Moscato Sorbet by Webicurean
- Mexican Chocolate Ganache Cake by MealDiva
- Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees by Alida’s Kitchen
- Moscato Gelée with Strawberry Compote by kimchi MOM
- Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Red Moscato Sorbet and Moscato Zabaglione by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Overnight Peaches and Cream Stuffed French Toast by In The Kitchen With KP
- Peachy Apricot Moscato Cake with Moscato Whipped Cream by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pink Moscato Cupcakes + Citrus Moscato Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pink Moscato Strawberry Shortcake by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Raspberry Moscato Sangria by The Messy Baker
- Strawberry Pink Moscato Ice Pops by girlichef
- Strawberry Tart with Moscato Lemon Curd by Foxes Love Lemons
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.