This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of KING’S HAWAIIAN®. All opinions are 100% mine.
The holidays are such a busy season it’s hard to find time to just get together with friends. One of my favorite ways to grab a few hours to catch up with friends is to host an open house style brunch. Friends are given an open invitation to drop by for some coffee and assorted breakfast style bites. Most of the items on the menu can be premade and then rewarmed to serve. My favorites are varieties make ahead stuffed french toast and my new favorite, these scrumptious Tropical Bread Pudding Muffins.
I’d like to think I am completely prepared for all the recipes I will be making over the next few days, but I’d be kidding myself. I did my best to stock pile KING’S HAWAIIAN® Rolls and other necessary entertaining supplies at Walmart by following my Food Planning Tips for Holiday Parties. But I know I will end up making a last minute run for more, especially when this cutie patootie keeps swiping them. I guess he already knows KING’S HAWAIIAN® products are not a side dish – they’re the most mouthwatering and delectable part of any holiday dinner.
I can’t blame him one bit though. KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls have that unmistakable melt-in-your mouth texture. They are soft and fluffy with just the right touch of sweetness, and as you can see, the perfect size for kid-friendly snacks. Jed ate three rolls before I stopped him. Note to self make kiddos lunch before starting any recipe development with KING’S HAWAIIAN® Rolls. KING’S HAWAIIAN® products are all made with select milled flours, artisan yeasts and rich, creamy butter. Seriously. I don’t know a better ingredient for making a variety of brunch recipes and #HostWithKH.
These muffins are filled with the luscious tropical flavor combination of crushed pineapple, mandarin oranges and sweet coconut. The sweetness of the KING’S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls eliminates the need for a ton of sugar in this recipe. I loved the way the pretty parchment baking cups looked with the toasty coconut on top. Plus using the baking cups, I was able to make a rather large muffin. All the better for guests to enjoy the layers of flavor in each bite.
Plus a bonus tip from a baking friend of mine, the parchment baking cups unfold to create a perfect little paper plate. You can enjoy the entire muffin down to the last remaining crumbs. I hope you’re ready for all your own holiday entertaining. If you are still prepping for your next gathering, see more KING’S HAWAIIAN® Rolls amazing recipes, money saving coupons, free invitations. You’ll find everything you need (and more) to plan your perfect holiday party this season.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy KING’S HAWAIIAN® Rolls?
- 18 KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Sweet Dinner Rolls, cut into ½"-1" cubes
- 1 Cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can of mandarin oranges, drained
- ¾ Cup half and half
- ½ Cup melted butter
- ¾ Cup of brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 4 teaspoons coconut extract
- ¾ Cup shredded sweetened coconut, plus extra for topping if desired
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, half and half, brown sugar, coconut extract and stir together to blend well.
- In a second large bowl add bread cubes.
- Pour melted butter over bread cubes.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes and gently toss to evenly coat.
- Add crushed pineapple and mandarin oranges to bread cubes and gently combine all ingredients.
- Divide bread mixture into paper lined muffin tin. I used parchment paper cups.
- Sprinkle additional shredded coconut on top of each muffin if desired.
- Bake muffins in oven for 40-45 minutes, or until each muffin is firm in the center and toasty, golden brown on top. An inserted knife into the center of a muffin should also come out clean.
- Remove muffins from oven and let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly before serving.
- Muffins can be served warm or room temperature.