Happy Sunday y’all! It’s time to tie on our aprons and get cooking in the kitchen for Sunday Supper! This week the theme is all about finding your groove. Get ready to tap your toes, start swinging your hips, and sing along because this week the crew is sharing all their favorite Music Inspired Recipes. I spent last weekend cleaning every nook and cranny of my new to me Margaritaville margarita machine, so of course I had to celebrate with a little Jimmy Buffet, some margaritas, and Margarita Chicken!
This chicken was very simple to make, plus I loved throwing it on the grill. I like my Sunday Suppers easy y’all! I couldn’t find the frozen margarita mix the original Margarita Chicken recipe called for, so I used Limeade concentrate. I thought about using the bottle of margarita mix that I have in the house, but didn’t for two reasons. First…the bottled mix I use already has the alcohol in it, not good for kids since I didn’t think it would “grill out”. Second…ummm…it’s MY margarita mix. If I use it to make the chicken, there will be less margaritas to drink with my chicken dinner!
I love, love, love this machine. The ice consistency is perfect, and the kids are happily enjoying their multiple flavored sno-cones. OK, wait. Wasn’t I talking about chicken? Oh yeah…Margarita Chicken!
To be honest, this recipe lacked a little intensity in the flavor department after it was grilled. We all agreed it could have packed more of a punch. I squeezed a slice of lime on mine, and I liked it better, however, next time I make it, I will be looking for ways to really brighten the flavor. Maybe by adding more lime zest, or an additional spice blend, I can liven up the taste to where I was expecting it to be. Until then though, grab your salt shaker, and dance on over to check out all of the other fabulous music inspired recipes by the other Sunday Supper foodies. Trust me. You will be humming all the way to the grocery store with a shopping list for all the recipes you will want to make.
- Calimocho (Red Red Wine Cocktail) from La Cocina de Leslie inspired by Red Red Wine by UB40
- Dark & Stormy Cocktail Recipe from An Appealing Plan inspired by Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen
- Horchata from Treats & Trinkets inspired by Horchata by Vampire Weekend
- Orange Crush from Magnolia Days inspired by Orange Crush by REM
- Pineapple Lemonade Slushy with Coconut Water from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz inspired by Lemon Tree by Peter, Paul & Mary
- Strawberry Tequila from Shockingly Delicious inspired by Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles
- Mustard Dill Beer Bread from Curious Cuisiniere inspired by In Heaven There Is No Beer a German Polka
Intermezzo (Entrees & Sides):
- Chicken and Bacon Cheddar Waffles from I Run For Wine inspired by Glady’s Knight
- Classic Fried Chicken from The Food Army Wife inspired by Chicken Fried by Zac Brown Band
- Margarita Chicken from In The Kitchen With KP inspired by Margaritaville by Jimmy Buffet
- Meatball Duet from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings inspired by On Top of Spaghetti by Tom Glazer
- Pan-Seared Halibut with Corn Hash and Asparagus Puree from Crazy Foodie Stunts inspired by Saturday Night Fish Fry by Louis Jordan
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy BBQ Pulled Pork from Neighborfood inspired by Something Like That by Tim McGraw
- Spaghetti and Pork Meatballs from Family Foodie inspired by On Top of Spaghetti by Kidsongs
- Teriyaki Burger from Juanita’s Cocina inspired by Cheeseburger in Paradise by Jimmy Buffet
- Banana Cream Pie Bars from Peanut Butter and Peppers inspired by Tra La La Song by The Banana Splits
- Banana Pancake Ice Cream with Maple Brittle from Foxes Love Lemons inspired by Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson
- Cherry Pie from My Cute Bride inspired by Cherry Pie by Warrant
- Cherry Marshmallows from Pies and Plots inspired by I Want Candy by Bow Wow Wow
- Chocolate Cappuccino Cream Puffs from Runner’s Tales inspired by Choux Pastry Heart by Corinne Bailey Rae
- Chocolate Chip, Walnut and Caramel Banana Bread Ice Cream Sandwich from Ruffles & Truffles inspired by Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani
- Chocolate Covered Caramels from Big Bear’s Wife inspired by At Last by Etta James
- Coconut Rum Blondies from Gotta Get Baked inspired by I’ve Got A Lovely Bunch of Coconuts by Danny Kaye
- Easy Blueberry Recipe: Fruit Tart from Growing Up Gabel inspired by Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino
- Espresso Nib Ice Cream from Vintage Kitchen Notes inspired by Black Coffee by Ella Fitzgerald
- Fancy Watermelon Lime Popsicles from Daily Dish Recipes inspired by Watermelon Crawl by Tracy Byrd
- Fresh Peach Pie from Killer Bunnies, Inc. inspired by Sweet Sweet Pie by PWEI
- Jammin’ Oatmeal Cookies from What Smells So Good? inspired by Jammin’ by Bob Marley
- Many Flavors Whipped Cream from Noshing with the Nolands inspired by Whipped Cream and Other Delights by Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass
- Peach Basil Pie from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen inspired by Peaches by POTUSA
- Pina Colada Poke Cake from Cookin’ Mimi inspired by Two Pina Coladas by Garth Brooks
- Peach Donuts with Brown Sugar from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks inspired by Peaches by POTUSA
- Peach Strudel with Honey Bourbon Frozen Yogurt from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures inspired by My Favorite Things from The Sound of Music & Wild Honey by U2
- Rainbow Popsicle from The Urban Mrs inspired by Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
- Salted Ripple Chip No Machine Ice Cream from Cupcakes & Kale Chips inspired by Ice Cream by Sarah McLachlan
- Salted Peanut Swirl Peanut Butter Ice Cream from girlichef inspired by Salt Peanuts by The Quintet
- Shall We Dance? Fairy Cakes from The Ninja Baker inspired by Shall We Dance from the Japanese Film
- Sugar Crusted Zucchini Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake inspired by Sugar, Sugar by the Archies
- Tangerine Sorbet from Webicurean inspired by Tangerine Speedo by Caviar
- Yeasted Banana Bread from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner inspired by I Like Bread and Butter by The New Beats
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter this week Sunday, August 4th to talk about our favorite music inspired recipes. Everyone is welcome!
We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET, and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10 oz) thawed limeade concentrate
- Juice of one lime
- Zest of one lime
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- In large resealable bag (resting in a large bowl), pour thawed limeade concentrate, lime juice, minced garlic, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Remove 1 Cup of marinade for basting chicken while grilling
- Add chicken breast to bag of remaining marinade, seal, mix to coat chicken, and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Refrigerate 1 cup of reserved marinade
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Remove chicken from bag/marinade and place on grill. Discard remaining marinade in bag.
- Grill chicken 5-7 minutes each side, basting with reserved marinade, and cook thoroughly until inside temp is 160 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from grill when done.
- Serve hot.