I was very disappointed to miss out on this past week’s #SundaySupper. The theme for the crew this week was fresh from the Local Farmer’s Market inspired recipes. I love going to the farmer’s markets in my area. Being located in a suburb of Atlanta, allows me to visit many ethnic themed markets. The wide array of fruit and vegetables at my fingertips is often overwhelming.
Sauntering around a market, surrounded by tons of fresh produce, while I sip on a latte is sheer heaven to me. I love to imagine all the creative dishes I would make if I had unlimited time. I often take Baby with me so she can pick out a new fruit or veggie to try. She is my adventurous eater, and I try to keep that exploratory gene thriving. Sometimes, we bring our experimental item home, and find ourselves googling how to prepare it. But it’s all good. Having Baby take an active role in the kitchen and grocery shopping keeps her interest in cooking and learning healthy eating habits strong.
And speaking of strong…the best way to support your family’s strength and wellness is with plenty of fresh local fruits and vegetables! Check out all the amazing recipes the fab #SundaySupper group has for you this week. I’m already making my list for the market this weekend. Have latte will shop!
Appetizers & Salads
- Garlic Scape Dip from The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Onion Bacon Jam with Bread n’ Brie from Gotta Get Baked
- Kale & Pepita Pesto from girlichef
- Quinoa Garden Salad from The Urban Mrs
- Grilled Cherry Tomato and Goat Cheese Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Watermelon-Feta Salad with Pomegranate Drizzle from The Weekend Gourmet
Soups & Sides
- Watermelon Gazpacho from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Classic Gazpacho from Curious Cuisiniere
- Pea Soup from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Pickled Garlic Scapes from kimchi MOM
- Cheesy Zucchini Hodge Podge from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Succotash from Magnolia Days
- 3 Easy Japanese Spinach Recipes from Ninja Baking
- Seasoned Potato Chips and a Michigan-made Meal from Foxes Love Lemons
- Cheesy Zucchini Fritters from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Summer Veggie Pizza from Country Girl In The Village
- Tomato Pie from The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Kitchen Sink Vegetable Curry from What Smells So Good?
- Margherita Pizza from Growing Up Gabel
- Three Sauces with Summer Herbs to Transform a Simple Grilled Dinner from Cook the Story
- Vegetable Quesadillas from Cookin’ Mimi
- Mushroom Scallion Risotto from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Summer Linguine with Grilled Vegetables from Neighborfood
- Pasta alla Norma Nuda from Juanita’s Cocina
- Arugula Prosciutto Pizza from Family Foodie
- Peach Cobbler from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Cherry Bars from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Lightened Up Peach and Blueberry Cobbler from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cherry Brandy Cobbler from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Peach Maple Ice Cream from Pies and Plots
- Cherry Clafoutis from Food Lust People Love
- Roasted Figs with Caramel, Honey Ice Cream and Aged Balsamic from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Peach Ice Cream Paletas from Basic N Delicious
- Gluten Free Sour Cherry Cake from No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
Looking for a recipe featured on Sunday Supper? You will always find great recipes tagged with the hashtag #SundaySupper on Twitter! Looking for a tasty recipe on Pinterest? You can find us there too on the #SundaySupper Pinterest board!
The Sunday Supper crew is everywhere if you just know where to look, and we’d love to see you where we are too!
What is your favorite item to buy from your own local farmer’s market?