The Sunday Supper Team is honored to partner with Chantal Cookware this week for a special #SundaySupper featuring their new Easy as Pie Dish. We have #SundaySupper participants not only featuring this beautiful Pie Dish, but we are all encouraging others to in our #BakeForACure event.
Chantal and the Sunday Supper Movement have come together to encourage everyone to take a couple of hours out of their busy week and bake for someone who has been affected by cancer or someone in the medical profession who makes a difference in the lives of cancer patients. It’s a small gesture to make a big difference in someone else’s day.
I knew I was not going to be able to participate in the special recipes featuring the dish. I have spent this past weekend in the Blue Ridge Mountains with my family. My parents, sister and her whole family were driving up for this special weekend of apple picking and family fun. We’ve had our share fair of cancer scares, but thankfully nothing ever materialized. Unfortunately, I do have close friends that are not so lucky. My thoughts are with them daily, as they know how much family means so much to me. My close friends are as much as my family, as my own blood sister and brother. I chose this week’s dish for it’s sheer ability to transport me back to my childhood. I am eight years old, and my friend’s mom (from down the street), just called my mom to invite me over for dinner. Even Mrs. S. knew she was about to serve my favorite dish of all time…Impossible Cheeseburger Pie.
I made this dish to celebrate getting to seem my sister and her family this weekend. It’s been longer than I care to admit. My parents visit from Florida often, but travel time for my sister’s family is limited due to school schedules, sports, and numerous activities of her teen children. I am blessed to have had this weekend with all of us together. Maybe next time my brother and his family can make it too! Then it would be perfect!
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt.
3. Spread ground beef in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
4. In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended.
5. Pour into pie plate over other layered ingredients.
6. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
The recipe above is the original impossible cheeseburger pie from Bisquik that was all the rage when I was a kid. Of course, I wanted to take it up a notch by adding some chopped bacon. We all love bacon cheeseburgers, but don’t often splurge for the fat and calories. I love that this retro dish not only brings back tons of memories for me as a kid, but you get all the great taste of a bacon cheeseburger magically baked in a pie. What can be more delicious?
I guess I am glad the transporting back to my childhood is only temporary. If it wasn’t, I would miss out on all of this cuteness with cousin fun galore!
Now presenting, the awesome #SundaySupper contributors, that were provided with a beautiful Easy As Pie Dish by Chantal Cookware. Their posts not only feature their favorite pie recipes, but also their thoughts on the beautiful Chantal pie dishes they received.
- Pecan Pie by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Nana’s 3LB Deep Dish Apple Pie by I Run For Wine
- Upside-down Apple Pie by Comfy Cuisine
- Coconut Pie by Basic N Delicious
- Italian Chicken Pie by Momma’s Meals
- German Apple Pie by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Funny Cake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sweet Potato Pie with Gingersnap Crust by Webicurean
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Maple Whipped Cream by The Meltaways
- Lemon Meringue Pie by The Messy Baker Blog
- Ham and Spinach Quiche by Magnolia Days
- Pink Salmon Quiche by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Streusel Topping by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Eggplant Moussaka With Greek Yogurt White Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie by Big Bears Wife
- Pumpkin Maple Pie by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Spiced Pumpkin Pie with a Cinnamon Roll Crust by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pasteis de Nata ~ Portuguese Custard Tart by Family Foodie
- Chocolate Pie by Diabetic Foodie
- Fancified Shepard’s Pie by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Pink Lady Pie by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
And of course there are always a bunch of us #SundaySupper contributors that want to jump in for moral support, and share our favorite pie dishes too.
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Pie by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Flatbread with Grapes, Gruyere, Rosemary and Red Onions by Shockingly Delicious
- Salted Caramel Filled Chocolate Chip Cookie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Candy Bar Pie by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Quiches by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Apple Cranberry Slab Pie by Generation Y Foodie
- Gratin of Potatoes, Onions & Leeks by An Appealing Plan
- Garlic rosemary yeast rolls by Gotta Get Baked
- Italian Tomato Tart by She likes ruffles, he likes truffles
- Impossible cheeseburger pie by In the Kitchen with KP
- 10 Grain Muffins by Mangiamo!
- Deep Dish Caramel Apple Pie by Mama Mommy Mom
- Date Crumb Pie by girlichef
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Doughnuts by What Smells So Good?
As a special bonus! I have a discount for you if YOU want to buy your own Easy as Pie Dish? Chantal is offering will be 20% OFF of ALL Chantal Pie dishes on www.chantal.com. BAKE4CURE must be entered at checkout to receive the pie dish discount. The coupon discount code is active October 16, 2012 through October 30, 2012.
The Sunday Supper Team and Chantal Cookware, would be honored to have you join us for this special #BakeForACure event Around the Family Table this week. We’d love for you to join us on Twitter throughout the day during #SundaySupper, and feel free to jump in for our #SundaySupper live chat – meeting at 7:00 pm(Eastern). Just follow the #SundaySupper hashtag. Oh and if you’re on Pinterest, pop on over to see all the gorgeous pictures that accompany our recipes on the #SundaySupper Pinterest board!