I’ve been in a muffin tin baking kind of mood lately. A few weeks ago, I used this same Impossible Cheeseburger Pie recipe for our Chantal Cookware pie dish themed #SundaySupper HERE. My family already likes this recipe, so I figured I would try making it in a muffin tin since our meatloaf muffins were such a big hit. We scored another home run with these Muffin Tin Mini Impossible Cheeseburger Pies!
1 lb lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt.
3. Divide ground beef into 12 muffin spaces. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
4. In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended.
5. Pour mixture into muffin cups over other layered ingredients
6. Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean
Everyone devoured these light and puffy individual pies. I used shredded cheddar jack cheese for a better melt in the cups. Regular cheddar can sometimes be a little more greasy when melted, but that is just my opinion. You should use your favorite cheese for the flavor profile you want to achieve. I, of course, had to pair my little pies with a side of ketchup and sliced kosher dill pickles, just like I do a regular cheeseburger.
As the muffins baked they developed a semi-crisp crust and top, which adds a different texture to the light and fluffy center. We made rice and green beans for sides, but to be honest, you could easily skip the starch and not miss it. These mini pies would make a great light dinner when accompanied by a side salad. These yummy little gems will definitely be making their way into our monthly menu rotation.
What old recipe did you make new again by baking it in a muffin tin?
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- ½ cup Original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt.
- Divide ground beef into 12 muffin spaces. Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended.
- Pour mixture into muffin cups over other layered ingredients
- Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean
About the Author (Author Profile)Happily married with two children, Karen does not hesitate to rebuff her family’s hungry advances at mealtime, while she styles and photographs their dinner to share on Instagram before serving them. In The Kitchen With KP is full of family friendly adventures around Atlanta (and beyond), plus simple recipes everyone can feel comfortable trying. In fact, her whole family participates in the cooking/baking fun on a regular basis.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Sweet and Smoky Broccoli Salad #RetroRecipe #SundaySupper Jan 20th | January 20, 2013