Wahooo! #SundaySupper turns ONE, y’all! Family Foodie’s mission to “Bring back Sunday Supper Around the Family Table in every home” has been growing by leaps and bounds. This week #SundaySupper is celebrating a huge milestone, and I could not be happier to be a part of it. I love the benefits of eating together as a family, and we practice it daily in our home. I know it will be tougher to continue, as my children get older, but for now I am instilling in them, the importance of sharing your day’s events with your loved ones around the family table.
Our #SundaySupper crew is celebrating this week’s birthday event by choosing recipes from contributors that have inspired us in the past year. Hmmmm…such decisions. How do you choose just one recipe from 52 weeks of awesomeness? I start at the beginning. Beginning reminds me of morning. Morning reminds me of breakfast. Breakfast reminds me of bacon.
Voila! Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches!
I worked my egg sandwiches slightly different than my inspiration foodie, Angie, over at Big Bear’s Wife. I decided to go even easier, mix all my ingredients together in one dish, and bake the mixture in the oven. Each bite of egg is filled with crumbled bacon and cheesy goodness! I even used a cookie cutter trying to get fancy, but the edge of the cutter should have been sharper. Those eggs sure look fluffy though, don’t they?
8 eggs (I used the liquid eggs in a carton 2 C.)
4 oz Shredded cheese (I used 2% mozzarella)
12 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled (I used a 2.8 oz bag of bacon pieces)
6 Potato Sandwich rolls
Salt/Pepper if desired
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
2. Spray 8×8 glass baking dish with cooking spray
3. Layer bacon and shredded cheese in baking dish
4. In separate bowl, crack and scramble the 8 eggs. Pour eggs over bacon and cheese in baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. (I used salt and garlic powder)
6. Bake eggs in oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Remove from oven. Eggs will deflate slightly.
8. Slice into 6 equal sections.
9. Remove sliced sections carefully from baking dish and place inside potato roll.
I chose potato rolls for my sandwiches due to their thicker size. It complements the thick slice of bacon, egg, and cheese perfectly. I tried pretty flower shaped bread cutouts, but even though they looked cute, they were too flimsy for the hearty egg middle. Plus I think the potato roll will fare much better if you choose to freeze the sandwiches for grab and go breakfasts.
If you are going to freeze the sandwiches for later, wrap them individually in foil or freezer paper. Place all the wrapped sandwiches together in a gallon size freezer bag and freeze. To re-heat, un-wrap sandwich, place on plate and pop into the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. If after 30 seconds the bun is getting too hot, remove it, continue to heat eggs until hot.
These sandwiches are a great addition to my new resolution of getting to work before the traffic. Now I can take my own breakfast sandwich and keep myself out of the work cafeteria (AKA cheesy grits and buttery biscuit heaven). So now that I have your attention with all this talk of bacon and buttery biscuits, head on over to check out more heavenly goodness being shared by all the lovely food blogs below. Get your bookmarking tool ready, because you are going to need it for sure!
Sunday Supper Appetizers:
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks inspired by Comfy Cuisine
- So Simple Pizza Puffs by The Weekend Gourmet inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pepperoni and Mozzarella Pull Apart by Noshing With The Nolands inspired by In the Kitchen with KP
Sunday Supper Soups and Breads:
- Lasagna Soup by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Easy Italian Wedding Soup by Webicurean inspired by Family Foodie
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Sage Soup by Damn Delicious inspired by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Honey Butter Dinner Rolls by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Chicken Noodle Soup by Big Bears Wife inspired by My Catholic Kitchen
- Tomato Florentine Soup by Mama Mommy Mom inspired by The Meltaways
- Chicken Soup with Dumplings by Comfy Cuisine inspired by The Messy Baker
- Coconut Curry Chicken Soup by My Trials in the Kitchen inspired by Damn Delicious
Sunday Supper Main Dishes:
- Portuguese Mussels and Shrimp in Chorizo Sauce by Supper for a Steal inspired by Family Foodie
- (GlutenFree) Chicken Bruschetta by The Meltaways inspired by Family Foodie
- Feijoada Portuguese Bean Stew by Kimchi Mom inspired by Family Foodie
- Lentils and Chorizo Stew by Galactosemia in PDX inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Carnitas Pizza w/ Chipotle-Avocado Crema by girlichef inspired by Damn Delicious
- Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas by Country Girl in the Village inspired by Webicurean
- Drunken Meatballs by Small Wallet Big Appetite inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Goat Cheese Rigatoni Alfredo by Magnolia Days inspired by Family Foodie
- Dorie’s Chicken-in-the-Pot by Hip Foodie Mom inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Pulled Pickled Pork by Juanita’s Cocina inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Hoisin Asian Meatballs by Gotta Get Baked inspired by Damn Delicious
- Shrimp-Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes by Daily Dish Recipes inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinade by Peanut Butter and Peppers inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Burger with Curried Cabbage Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings inspired by Soni’s Food
- Corn and Basil Handpies by Curious Cuisiniere inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lightened Up Slow Cooker Indian Butter Chicken by Cupcakes and Kale Chips inspired by The Meltaways
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Chili by Food Lust People Love inspired by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bigos by Maroc Mama inspired by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by From Fast Food to Fresh Food inspired by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen inspired by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Sweet & Tender Brisket by Daddy Knows Less inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Fish Tacos by Cookistry inspired by Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Homemade Harissa by Masala Herb inspired by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spicy Seoulful Pulled Pork Sandwiches by Family Foodie inspired by Kimchi Mom
- New Orleans Style White Beans & Rice by Catholic Foodie inspired by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
- Spice Rubbed Chicken Tacos with Tropical Salsa by The Urban Mrs. inspired by Family Foodie
- Mac n Cheese Cups with Pork Shoulder Ragu by Crispy Bits and Burnt Ends inspired by Hip Foodie Mom
Sunday Supper Veggies:
- Carrots au Gratin by Shockingly Delicious inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame, Cilantro & Bacon Bits by The Lovely Pantry inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sunday Supper Desserts and Snacks:
- Chocolate Brownie Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake inspired by Magnolia Days
- Mexican Hot Cocoa Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Cinnamon Apple Chimichangas by La Cocina de Leslie inspired by Juanita’s Cocina
- Apple Pull Apart Bread with Caramel Drizzle by Cravings of a Lunatic inspired by Gotta Get Baked
- Cherry Tart by Happy Baking Days inspired by Vintage Kitchen
- Orange Rolls by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Caramel Apple Bread by The Foodie Army Wife inspired by Fam Friends Food
- Rosettes by Simply Gourmet inspired by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Donut Puffs by Soni’s Food inspired by Daily Dish Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Cut-out Cookies by Basic and Delicious inspired by Chocolate Moosey
- Nutella Shortbread Bars by Kelly Bakes inspired by Baker Street
- Butterscotch Pudding Triple Chip Cookies by Mom’s Test Kitchen inspired by Dinner Dishes and Desserts
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream by The Messy Baker Blog inspired by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Angel Cake Sandwiches by Ninja Baker inspired by That Skinny Girl Can Bake
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by Vintage Kitchen inspired by girlichef
- Sweet N Spicy Roasted Spiced Nuts by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz inspired by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cheesecake with Fresh Berries by An Appealing Plan inspired by The Messy Baker Blog
Sunday Supper Breakfast Faves:
- Spiced Pumpkin Ricotta Oat Muffins by In the Kitchen with Audrey inspired by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Budget Friendly Breakfast Freezable Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwiches by In The Kitchen with KP inspired by Big Bear’s Wife
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen inspired by Momma’s Meals
Sunday Supper Wine Pairings by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Do you have a favorite recipe you made from a previous #SundaySupper posting? We’d love for you to share it with the #SundaySupper group! Join us on Twitter throughout the day by following the hashtag #SundaySupper.
We’ll all be chatting up a storm during out live chat, Sunday evening at 7:00 pm(Eastern). Just follow the #SundaySupper hashtag there too. Oh, and if you’re on Pinterest, pop on over to see all the gorgeous pictures that accompany our recipes on the #SundaySupper Pinterest board!
- 8 eggs (I used the liquid eggs in a carton 2 C.)
- 4 oz Shredded cheese (I used 2% mozzarella)
- 12 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled (I used a 2.8 oz bag of bacon pieces)
- 6 Potato Sandwich rolls
- Salt/Pepper if desired
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Spray 8x8 glass baking dish with cooking spray
- Layer bacon and shredded cheese in baking dish
- In separate bowl, crack and scramble the 8 eggs. Pour eggs over bacon and cheese in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if desired. (I used salt and garlic powder)
- Bake eggs in oven for about 25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Eggs will deflate slightly.
- Slice into 6 equal sections.
- Remove sliced sections carefully from baking dish and place inside potato roll.