I love entertaining, and one of the biggest reasons is for the fun and fabulous food I get to make for guests. I have a whole Pinterest board just for Party Appetizers. Super bowl parties are as popular for the robust and creative food menus, as they are for the commercials and the big game itself.
One of my all-time favorite appetizers is potato skins, but they are far from a healthy food to snack on more than once in a while. Instead I decided to mix it up and try making a grilled version. What resulted were these awesome Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Skins.
So now the question is, do you have a favorite recipe that you turned upside down/created that you believe is awesome too?
If your answer is an emphatic YES, then I have great news for you!
Recipe contest categories include:
- First Down Dips (Dips)
- Football Finger Foods (Appetizers)
- Souper Bowls (Chili/Slow Cookers)
- Touchdown Treats (Desserts)
Entries will be judged based on originality, cost, speed and ease. Do you have what it takes to win?
Winners will be announced via Sandra’s Facebook and Twitter on or about 3/6/13.
Grand Prize / One Grand Prize winner will receive:
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
- A sponsor-specified Sandra by Sandra Lee 10pc Stainless Steel Cookware Set
- A $100 Verizon Wireless gift card
Twelve Category Prizes (3 per category) / Twelve (12) contestants will each receive:
- A signed copy of “Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade Fast-Fix Family Favorites”
Sandra Lee’s Recipe Draft contest is underway so get in your kitchen and get your booty cooking!
Do you think your recipe has what it takes to get to the end zone? Enter HERE
- 4 Large baking potatoes
- ½ Cup Sour cream
- ¼ Cup chopped bacon
- ¾ Cup Kraft Three cheese with a touch of PHILADELPHIA
- 2 Tablespoons of butter
- 2 Teaspoons of fresh chives
- Microwave 4 large baking potatoes until soft.
- Slice potatoes in half, and remove flesh, leaving about ¼ inch thick shell
- Mix removed potato with sour cream, chopped bacon, shredded cheese, butter and chives until smooth consistency
- Fill potato skins with potato mixture
- Grill loaded potato skins on medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Until browned and heated through.
- Remove from grill and serve topped with additional sour cream if desired
Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Wireless Ambassador Program. I was provided with a wireless device and three months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.