I used to take baby soft, clear skin for granted. Before pregnancy, I never struggled with having a pimple let alone a whole clan on my chin. The old wives’ tale says that if you have acne during pregnancy, it’s a girl and she is stealing your beauty. Well, it’s true; she’s gorgeous and I was left with a face full of scars. Even though I have my esthetician’s license, I still used to use a very basic regimen because honestly, I don’t have extra time to spend in front of the mirror because I have an active infant all day and I choose to spend my evenings with my hubby- not spending an hour giving myself a full facial. Now that I have over a year under my belt of experimenting with many different product lines, ingredients, and consistencies, I can share with you how I’ve been able to manage hormonal acne and dry skin with my Favorite Beauty Products for the Easiest Skincare Routine.
* Murad AHA/BHA Cleanser – This cleanser is my all-time favorite. It has a smooth, milky feeling on your skin, yet it also has a tiny grit, thanks to the added jojoba beads. This combination of consistencies can hydrate and exfoliate the skin at the same time. There are three powerful ingredients- lactic, salicylic, and glycolic acids- that work together to get your best skin to the surface. The best part is you only need about a nickel size amount and it comes in a huge bottle! I’ve had the same bottle for a year now. If you have more sensitive skin, you will want to use the cleanser 3-4 times a week, but I use it every day.
* Murad Rapid Resurfacing Peels – I try to use one of these once a week. Each wipe contains 10% glycolic acid and you use it right after cleansing your face. Glycolic acid is my favorite ingredient for hormonal acne; it works underneath the skin to attack the “bad” cells that try to form acne. They also really help to eradicate the scars from previous breakouts.
* Murad Hydro-dynamic Quenching Essence – I put this on morning and night right before my moisturizer. It really helps to boost the moisture and elasticity in the skin.
* Murad Essential-C SPF 30 Moisturizer – This is my daytime go-to. Because it is packed with antioxidants, it helps achieve radiance and healthy looking skin. About a dime size will be sufficient for your face and neck.
* Murad Hydro-dynamic Ultimate Moisturizer – I briefly mentioned that I have dry skin. That was a lie- I have the driest of dry skin. I’m talking the Sahara Desert, and I drink around 100 oz. a day of water so don’t even try to tell me that’s my problem. In my opinion, this is one of the most hydrating moisturizers without being too thick. This is actually the product that introduced me to Murad and why I love their line so much. A little dab will do ya!
This is not a sponsored post in any way. These are the products I genuinely use every day. I have most of my family members using at least one Murad product, and they probably would also tell you, their skin feels great too.
What’s your favorite skincare product?