I was so excited to have a three day weekend to catch up on some recipes here on the blog. With work and the kids, it never fails that I end up behind. For once I decided to get ahead of a holiday and share these super fun White Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows. They were so fun to make, but even sweeter to eat.
Working with dipping chocolate can be messy. Have you seen kids dig into a Chocolate Fountain? Holy smokes! So I usually set myself up in the kitchen to dip, and then call the kids when it’s time to taste. I have been known to use up any leftover dipping chocolate with random snack items from the pantry. My favorites items are pretzels and animal crackers. No reason to let delicious melted chocolate go to waste y’all.
These jumbo marshmallows are perfect for putting on a stick. They are quite impressive in size when all covered in the sprinkles. I thought I may even make a few more to give as gifts for teachers. You can really mix up the sprinkles for any holiday you want. I am thinking green and white shamrocks for St. Patrick’s Day and pretty pastels for Easter would be great!
I am still a fan of the traditional dark chocolate when it comes to personally indulging in sweet treats, but the white chocolate on these marshmallows just made the pink and red sprinkles pop! I can’t wait for the kids to try them!
What is your favorite way to eat marshmallows?
- 1 container of Wilton's White Candy melts
- 6-8 jumbo marshmallows (or regular if you can’t find jumbo)
- 1 package of cake pop sticks
- Heart shaped sprinkles
- Wax paper covered baking sheet
- Melt the dipping chocolate in the microwave according to package directions. Be sure to stir often to prevent over-heating. (Note- over-heated chocolate will start to appear dry and crumbly.)
- Prepare your marshmallows first.
- Dip a cake pop stick into the melted chocolate and then insert about ¾ of the way into a marshmallow. Stand up the marshmallows on the wax paper baking sheet and allow chocolate to set the stick in place. Repeat for as many marshmallows as you want to dip.
- Once your sticks are set into the marshmallows, start dipping.
- Swirl the marshmallow in the chocolate to evenly coat, then tap the stick gently on the side to remove excess.
- Immediately coat the marshmallow with the heart shaped sprinkles so they stick as the melted chocolate starts to set.
- Stand up the marshmallow on the wax paper baking sheet and allow to cool and harden.
- Repeat for additional marshmallows.
- Enjoy after chocolate sets or wrap in plastic bags with tied ribbon and gift to your favorite Valentine.