This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of KING’S HAWAIIAN®. All opinions are 100% mine.
A few weeks ago I shared some ideas to make Game Time Celebration Planning Easier with KING’S HAWAIIAN® and Walmart. I teased y’all with a secret weapon recipe for a guaranteed delicious tailgate party. I’m sure you guessed my hot sandwich would be served on KING’S HAWAIIAN® and I tipped off that it would contain fresh pineapple. I’m finally ready to share my super easy, Slow Cooker Pulled Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches.
The key to this recipe is using fresh cut pineapple. It gives an extra pop of that sweet and tangy bite that fresh pineapple offers to enhance your favorite teriyaki sauce.
These sandwiches will be your next favorite go to slow cooker recipe. They are so easy to make. I just toss everything in my slow cooker in the morning and by game time, the chicken is perfectly cooked and ready to shred.
I find as long as the chicken has cooked long enough, shredding is easy to do with two large forks. You can also transfer the cooked chicken and shred it easily in a stand mixer like Krystyn from Really, Are you serious does here. It’s pretty cool, and I still need to try it some time.
I served the pulled teriyaki chicken directly from the slow cooker so it would stay warm for guests to eat through out the party. For guests with larger appetites I offered KING’S HAWAIIAN® Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns. For those that wanted something smaller, there were Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls too.
Of course no party is complete without a supporting cast of snacks to enjoy with the main star. Providing guests a variety keeps everyone happy and their hunger satisfied to sit back and enjoy the game and great conversation.
Trust me. Once you try making these Slow Cooker Pulled Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches, you will want to make them over and over again for parties as well for your own family on a lazy Saturday.
There’s still plenty of football season left to host your own tailgate/homegate with friends and family. So hurry up and check out what other tasty recipes KING’S HAWAIIAN® and Courtney Whitmore, from Pizzazzerie are sharing here, check out my Tailgate & Homegate Food Ideas board on Pinterest, or the follow the hashtag #KHGameTime on Twitter.
What’s your favorite slow cooker recipe to serve during a tailgate so you can relax and enjoy the game too?
- 6 Boneless Skinless Thawed Chicken Breasts
- 1 Bottle Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Cups fresh chopped pineapple
- 1 Cup finely diced pineapple for topping sandwiches
- Drizzle about a ½ cup of the teriyaki sauce in the bottom of your slow cooker crock. I use a slow cooker liner to save on the mess, but it's not required.
- Measure about a ½ cup or so of the teriyaki sauce and set aside.
- Layer the chicken into the slow cooker crock and add the remaining sauce to the slow cooker, evenly coating the chicken.
- Add the chopped pineapple to the slow cooker crock.
- Cook on high 6-8 hours.
- When chicken is thoroughly cooked, shred inside the crock using 2 forks, or shred in a stand mixer.
- Stir chicken and pineapple mixture until blended well and it's a fine shredded consistency.
- Stir in remaining teriyaki sauce for an extra boost of flavor.
- Serve chicken from slow cooker on King's Hawaiian Rolls and top with additional fresh diced pineapple if desired.