Chocolate and peanut butter. One of my all time favorite combinations to enjoy. When I first started baking bundt cakes I experimented with making this Chocolate Peanut Butter Layered Bundt Cake. The tunnel of peanut butter was amazing, but I wanted to try something new. I wanted more peanut butter and chocolate throughout the whole cake. Enter stage left the amazing new Nestlé® Toll House® DelightFulls™. I was blown away by the concept of baking chips with famous Nestlé® Toll House® milk chocolate on the outside and creamy peanut butter filling on the inside. What fan of peanut butter and chocolate wouldn’t be? I had to find a way to try them immediately so I made this Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bundt Cake.
Layering in flavors with this cake was going to be key, so I started with my favorite pound cake recipe and added some creamy peanut butter to the batter. The batter already smelled amazing, but I wanted to push the envelope further. I was already imagining a chocolate and peanut butter explosion, so I threw caution to the wind and emptied an entire bag of Nestlé Toll House DelightFulls into the batter.
One of the hardest parts of baking a bundt cake for me is the wait time. Most recipes bake a full hour, so you can just imagine how delicious my kitchen smelled. I couldn’t wait for this cake to cool so I could slice into it to see how the morsels baked into the cake.
Once sliced, I could see how the Nestlé Toll House DelightFulls morsels melted slightly into the cake, but at the same time retained their shape intact to enjoy the original flavor combination. I was happy to be able to take my fab cake to a fellow blogger friend’s house for an afternoon party. I also love that my friends don’t mind me showing up with a cake with a slice or two removed for photography purposes and then replaced.
When we all finally had a chance to try the cake, we unanimously voted it was a complete success. In fact, it was so good; a second slice was almost a necessity. I will definitely be making this recipe again, and with the holidays on the horizon, you can be sure I will be planning ways to try all the other flavors of Nestlé Toll House DelightFulls available.
Don’t forget to grab some new Nestlé Toll House DelightFulls™ Filled Baking Morsels and check out all of these delectable holiday baking recipe ideas. Your family will thank you for it.
The same NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® chocolate you know and love now filled with rich caramel, peanut butter, mint, and cherry flavored filling. Add these new filled baking morsels to your favorite recipes for a special twist on the classic, or try experimenting with them in a recipe you’ve never tried before!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine.
- ¾ unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Vanilla natural creamer
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ Cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1 package Milk Chocolate Morsels with Peanut Butter Filled DelightFulls™
- Peanut Butter Glaze
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla natural creamer
- 1 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray 10” bundt pan with non-stick spray for baking and coat with plain bread crumbs
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; about three minutes.
- Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, and mix thoroughly, about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk/creamer to the butter mixture, alternating wet and dry ingredients, and ending with flour mixture.
- Add peanut butter into batter and mix until well combined.
- Gently fold DelightFulls into the cake batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and gently tap pan onto counter to remove any air bubbles in the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn cake out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Prepare the Glaze
- Melt butter in microwave safe dish
- Stir in powdered sugar until texture is almost crumbly in texture
- Add vanilla creamer and stir to smooth consistency. Mixture should be opaque.
- Stir in creamy peanut butter and thoroughly combine until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cake and decorate with a few reserved DelightFulls Morsels if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!