This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DairyPure Milk. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love seasonal flavors. Fall has it’s pumpkin spice and Winter for me is about all things PEPPERMINT! Given this is one of the busiest times of year, I always try to take some time after dinner to connect with the kids and occasionally share a special treat like this Chocolate Peppermint Milkshake With Homemade Peppermint Whipped Cream. Don’t you wish you were at our house this week?
Like I said, this time of year is nuts. Our family’s busy weeknight schedule is intensified by the addition of holiday programs, parties and gift shopping. When I finally make it home after work, enjoy dinner, and clean up the kitchen, creating some complicated dessert for the family isn’t going to happen. Mom’s tired yo. I want something #pureandsimple, but also incredibly delicious. DairyPure milk and creams help me create effortless solutions to all my holiday cooking and baking needs.
DairyPure products come from local dairies making them super convenient to pick up at your local store. Plus it’s the only milk backed by an exclusive 5 Point Purity Promise.
1) No artificial growth hormones (note: this point requires the following legal copy – “No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non‐rbST‐treated cows.”)
2) All milk is tested for antibiotics
3) Continuously quality tested to ensure purity
4) Only from cows fed a healthy diet
5) Cold shipped fresh from your local dairy
Thanks to the 5 Point Purity Promise, I can feel confident I’m giving my family the best products, and they can enjoy the occasional splurge of creamy, Chocolate Peppermint Milkshake. I use an easy 2 to 1 ratio to mix the perfect milkshake (1 cup of ice cream to every 1/2 cup of DairyPure milk). Add 1 drops of pure peppermint extract for each 1 & 1/2 cups combined ice cream/milk, depending on how strong you want the peppermint flavor. A quick mix with a hand blender and it’s the milkshakes are ready to pour into glasses. But why stop there when you also have #DairyPure heavy Whipping Cream in the refrigerator?
There is nothing in the world like a dollop of homemade whipped cream on a milkshake. Add a drop or two of peppermint extract when making the whipped cream and some crushed peppermint candies and your simple milkshake is transformed into something extraordinary.
What’s your favorite #pureandsimple dessert recipe to share with friends and family?
- 1 Cup DairyPure Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Pure Peppermint extract
- Place metal bowl and whisk attachment for stand mixer in freezer for 10-15 minutes before starting recipe.
- When ready to whip cream, reconnect bowl and whisk attachment to stand mixer.
- Place sugar in bowl and add the whipping cream and peppermint extract,
- Slowly whisk cream mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Dollop whipped cream on top of milkshakes and serve immediately