This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I’ve always been a creature of habit. Routine gives me a comfort zone to allow for the little things that sometimes go sideways in my day. I even love a routine when it comes to meal time. I have always eaten three meals a day and I try and keep snacking to a minimum. Three meals a day takes some planning. Since I don’t plan snacks my meals require staying power to keep me fueled until the next meal. The Beef Checkoff’s 30 Day Protein Challenge is a great fit for my eating lifestyle. I make every meal count by eating enough protein throughout the day to leave me feeling satisfied, but never stuffed. Providing your body with the 25-30 grams of protein it needs daily is super delicious when you make this Flank Steak and Caramelized Onion Flatbread for lunch.
For this recipe I tried my hand at grilling flank steak for the first time. Flank steaks are usually on the thin side, so they cook in minutes on a super hot grill, searing in all those amazing juices. The Beef Checkoff is a great resource for me when deciding what cut of beef I want to prepare, and how best to cook my choice.
Once cooked, slicing a flank steak against the grain of the meat is key to maintaining tenderness. Flank steak is also a lean cut so a 3 ounce serving only has about 158 calories and 6 grams of fat. A total bargain when it comes to keeping your body satisfied.
Flatrbreads are great for making a variety for the family. I tailored some of the flatbreads with steak sauce and others with barbecue sauce. Both types of sauces complement the sweet caramelized onions and tender steak perfectly.
You too can join the 30 Day Protein Challenge to try and increase your daily protein intake. When you sign up, members will receive daily emails with goals, tips and inspiration to keep them on track. The plan lays out a fun and easy to follow way to get each participant enjoying the optimal amount of protein throughout their day. The challenge is an excellent way to get yourself on track to lose or maintain a healthy weight.
What’s your favorite protein packed recipe for sustaining your body through the day?
- 4 Flatbreads
- 1 Cup steak sauce
- 1½ Cups of caramelized onions
- 1 lb Grilled Flank steak cut into thin strips
- 1½ Cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place individual flatbreads on pizza baking sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of steak sauce onto flatbread.
- Top flatbread with sliced flank steak, caramelized onions, and shredded cheese.
- Bake 7-9 minutes until cheese is melted and flatbread edges are crisp.
- Remove from oven and serve.
For more great Beef recipes head on over all the other amazing beef recipes from the Sunday Supper team this week! You won’t be disappointed!
Start your day deliciously:
- Avocado Crostini with Beef and Eggs by Whole Food | Real Families
- Beef and Cheddar Quiche by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Migas by Shockingly Delicious
- Chicken Fried Steak and Eggs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mexican Shredded Beef Breakfast Burritos by Magnolia Days
- Philly Cheesesteak Breakfast Wrap by Family Foodie
Power up at lunch:
- Beef Gyros by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Shaking Beef Cobb Salad by Nosh My Way
- Flank Steak and Caramelized Onion Flatbread by In The Kitchen With KP
- Taco Pasta Salad by Alida’s Kitchen
- Ultimate Mushroom Swiss Patty Melt by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Yam Nuea Yang (Spicy Thai Beef Salad) by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Make a fantastically satisfying Sunday Supper:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Quinoa Skillet by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Tenderloin with Ratatouille by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Beef Teriyaki Kabobs by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gochujun (Korean Stuffed Pan-fried Peppers) by kimchi MOM
- Pan Seared Steak with Garlic Butter by Life Tastes Good
- Whisky Marinated Skirt Steak with Chimmichurri Sauce by Food Done Light
- Spinach Stuffed Steak Pinwheels by The Dinner-Mom
Get your knife supply ready:
- Four Essential Knives by the Sunday Supper Movement
Helpful hint: To keep this week’s recipe roundup at your fingertips, follow the delicious Sunday Supper Protein Packed Recipes Pinterest theme board.
Follow Sunday Supper’s board Protein Packed Recipes on Pinterest.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.