It’s grilling and chilling time in the kitchen this week for #SundaySupper! We’re having a Summer BBQ party, and y’all are invited!
Even though we live in an area that is usually warm enough to grill year round, there is always something special about Summertime grilling. I find myself making dinner later in the evening on the weekends, since it stays lighter well after 8:00. It’s nice to just relax with a cold glass of sweet iced tea, and grill up these amazing
Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers!
I say they are stuffed with cheddar cheese in the title, but in reality, I decided to use Velveeta to achieve the best melty middle for these stuffed burgers. Plus, as much as I am huge fan of eating bacon, I do not like cooking bacon. I usually keep a small package of real bacon pieces in the pantry for any recipe that calls for bacon. The pieces give the same great smoky bacon flavor, without all the mess from making bacon for a recipe. I can’t also be the only one when tasked to make bacon for a recipe, I end up eating most of it as it’s done cooking. Bacon pieces are just overall a more practical option for me, but by all means, use real bacon if you choose.
The key to these burgers is wrapping the chunk of cheese in the center, and getting a good seal. If you don’t seal the edges well, the cheese will ooze out all over the grill.
As you cook the burgers, you will see if you achieved a good seal. Hopefully your cheese does not end up all over your grill. That could be really messy. Mine started to leak that gorgeous cheesy goodness, just as I was preparing to remove them from the grill.
I let the burgers rest a few minutes after bringing them inside. I wanted the cheese and the juicy insides to set, plus who needs 200 degree cheese hitting the inside of their mouth.
These burgers were absolutely incredible! When I took the first bite, my mouth was having a bacon party. By the second bite, the perfectly melted cheese was oozing out of the burger. You may have noticed, there is not shot of the cheesy center. I have to admit, I didn’t want to stop eating the burger to take another round of photos. It was that good! It was also a little messy, so I am guessing it would have been a tough shot to really convey the awesomeness of this cheese stuffed bacon burger.
These cheese stuffed bacon burgers are definitely guest worthy eats for the next BBQ I host, but I need some sides and sweet treats to serve too, so I am off the check out the rest of the recipe roundup being shared by the #SundaySupper crew. You don’t want to miss checking their delicious recipes either so be sure to head on over and visit.
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler:
- Cherry Caipiroska by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mint Tea Slushes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Prickly Pear Margaritas by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter this week Sunday, June 30th to talk all about our favorite Summer BBQ recipes. Everyone is welcome!
We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET, and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos! Hope to tweet you there!
- 36 oz lean ground beef
- 1 small package real bacon pieces (2.8 oz)
- 1 envelope Lipton Beefy Onion soup mix
- 6 oz Velveeta cheese sliced into six pieces
- 6 hamburger buns
- Favorite burger toppings
- Heat grill to medium-high heat
- In a large bowl, combine bacon pieces, soup mix and ground beef. Mix thoroughly
- Divide ground beef into 6 equal portions, more if you want smaller burgers.
- Form each portion of ground beef into a rough patty
- Place chunk of Velveeta in center of patty, then press sides of burger around cheese to seal well
- Cook on the grill 8-10 minutes each side, until desired preference
- Remove burgers from grill and let rest 2-3 minutes
- Place burger patties in buns, and add desired toppings of your choice