Today’s post is a fun one to share and it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I finally get to share the cookies I made for this year’s Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! Lindsay from Love and Olive Oil and Julie from The Little Kitchen started the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap to connect food bloggers in a giant cookie swap, and raise money for Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. This is my second year participating in the swap and I made these delicious Caramel and Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.
For those unfamiliar with the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, you can sign up to participate and donate $4.00. Then you are matched with three other food bloggers. You bake three dozen cookies, and send one dozen to each of your matches. In return, you are sent one dozen cookies from three different bloggers, and today we are all sharing our recipes. This year, the swap had 566 food bloggers participate and the group raised over $12K to donate to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
Last year I made tasty Peppermint Hot Cocoa Cookies, and this year I received cookies from three fabulous food bloggers. All the cookies I received were delicious and disappeared quickly. Jenna from Momma Told Me sent me amazing apple pie cookies and Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies. The packaging was adorable.
This cookie swap is not only a ton of fun sending and waiting for cookies, it’s also heartwarming to be a part of a larger group driven to support one cause. I know I will definitely be participating again next year, and I suggest you give it a whirl too! You won’t be disappointed. For more info on the great food blogger cookie swap check out fbcookieswap.com, the Facebook page, or if you want to sign up to be notified about the swap next year!
- 2¼ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- ¾ Cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Cup Caramel bits
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Generously spray 9x13 glass baking dish with baking spray
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar, brown sugar and mix until creamy and combined.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in chocolate chips and caramel bits into batter.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for about 20-30 minutes, then flip onto parchment paper for slicing and further cooling.
- Recipe makes 3-4 dozen bars depending on the size of bar you cut.
What’s your favorite holiday cookie to share with friends and family?