Welcome to another delicious #SundaySupper. Last week the group went all out for tantalizing treats for Valentine’s Day, so this week we are making up for it featuring healthy and light recipes for this week’s Skinny #SundaySupper recipes! No need to panic though! We are not featuring “diet” food this week, just some better options for you, that are still full of amazing flavor like my super tasty
Turkey and Black Bean Taco Burgers.
Since I am still following South Beach, I opted for no bun (and no corn chips), as pictured above. This recipe is great because you can control the fat content with your choice of meat. We use lean ground turkey for tacos on a regular basis, so that’s what we used here, but you can also use lean ground beef if you prefer. I loaded my naked burger just like I enjoy my tacos, with the works – sour cream, shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes, and sliced black olives. Thinking back, I also could have layered it all on a bed of shredded lettuce, or even made a version of lettuce wraps. Yum! My mouth is watering just thinking about these burgers!
This recipe is super easy to throw together on a weeknight. Making the mixture and forming the burgers takes mere minutes, and you can also vary the ingredients as you need to when mixing. I opted to make my burger before the corn chips were added, and then add the black beans. Mine is the one with the polka dots! Try as I may, DH and Baby are still not fans of beans, but I thought they were great addition. If you can get away with adding the black beans when making the recipe for your family, it’s also a great way to stretch the meat mixture a little further. The burgers grill up in no time, indoors or out.
We all love the sour cream as the condiment on these burgers. It’s a perfect topping with the taco seasoning and flavor of the corn tortillas. Sour cream is also good to tone down any spiciness for kids eating these burgers. That way everyone enjoys dinner. So now go check out more recipes made skinnier by our creative group of bloggers. Who doesn’t love healthy and wholesome versions of your favorite foods?
Sizzling Skinny Appetizers & Soups
- Napa Cabbage wrapped Chinese Spring Rolls by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- #DairyFree Cream of Broccoli Soup by Galactosemia in PDX
- Easy Vegan Lentil Soup by NeighborFood
- Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Tomato Basil Soup by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Skinny Beef Chili by Webicurean
Healthy Skinny Mains & Sides
- Chicken with Herb Tomatoes and Pan Sauce by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Apples and Walnuts by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Skinny Salad Wraps by MamaMommyMom
- Mashed Cauliflower by Supper for a Steal
- Lamb Florentine Burger with Tzatziki by Country Girl in the Village
- Skinny Avocado Egg Salad Wraps by The Daily Dish Recipes
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad by Family Foodie
- Parchment-Poached Salmon by Simply Gourmet
- Maddy’s Arugula Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Light chicken enchiladas by My Cute Bride
- Pear Almond Arugula Salad with Honey Vinaigrette by Vintage Kitchen
- Pasta Primavera by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cauliflower Fried Rice by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ahi Tuna Salad by The Urban Mrs
- Soba Noodles with Edamame and Green Onions by Hip Foodie Mom
- Scallops Hong Kong Style by Magnolia Days
- Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Polynesian Salad with Pineapple Vinaigrette by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Herb Roasted Salmon with Steamed Cabbage & Peas by The Lovely Pantry
- Turkey and Black Bean Taco Burgers by In The Kitchen With K P
- Salmon Tikka Wraps with Cucumber Raita by Soni’s Food
- Whole wheat pasta with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs by I Run For Wine
- Chipotle Black Bean Burgers with Baked Garlic Home Fries by Curious Cuisiniere
- The Ninja Baker’s Sake & Miso Salmon by Ninja Baking
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Black Bean Burgers with Parsnip Fries by Gourmet Drizzles
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Smoked Sausage Cassoulet by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cumin Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots by Mangoes and Chutney
- Italian Sub Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Swiss Chard and Quinoa Croquettes by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Broccoli Patties with Arugula and Champagne Vinaigrette by Sustainable Dad
- Raw Kale Salad with Chickpeas and Salmon in Orange Dressing by Shockingly Delicious
- Greek Yogurt Egg Salad Sandwich by Damn Delicious
- Confetti Cabbage and Salmon Wraps by The Roxx Box
- Escarole and Beans by Midlife Roadtrip
- Cajun Black Beans by Ruffles and Truffles
- Caprese salad by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Skinny Wholegrain Fettuccine Alfredo with Greek Yogurt & Coconut Oil by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Guilt Free Skinny Desserts & Snacks
- Chocolate Avocado Cake by Gotta Get Baked
- Tiramisu Parfaits by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sugar Free Banana Almond Muffins by What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Coconut Cinnamon Buns by Juanita’s Cocina
- Warm Apple Crumble by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Dark Chocolate-Dipped Apricots by girlichef
- Homemade Protein Bar Recipe by Masala Herb
- Skinny Chocolate Almond Pudding by Basic N Delicious
Wine Pairing Recommendations for Skinny Sunday Supper by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter on Sunday, February 17th to talk about our Skinny Recipes! Everyone is welcome!
We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET, and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos!
- 1 Cup of crushed tortilla corn chips
- 1 Envelope of taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 Cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Hamburger Buns
- Optional toppings
- Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Light Sour cream
- Tomato (diced or slices)
- Sliced black olives
- Combine tortilla corn chips, taco seasoning, onion and egg.
- Crumble ground turkey over mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Carefully fold in black beans so they don’t become crushed.
- Portion mixture and shape into patties.
- Cook patties on grill pan on medium heat until cooked through.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with desired toppings.
About the Author (Author Profile)Happily married with two children, Karen does not hesitate to rebuff her family’s hungry advances at mealtime, while she styles and photographs their dinner to share on Instagram before serving them. In The Kitchen With KP is full of family friendly adventures around Atlanta (and beyond), plus simple recipes everyone can feel comfortable trying. In fact, her whole family participates in the cooking/baking fun on a regular basis.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Skinny Meals for #SundaySupper | | February 17, 2013
- Skinny-fied Strawberry Coconut Cinnamon Buns ~ Skinny #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina | February 17, 2013
- Cauliflower Fried Rice for a Skinny #SundaySupper — Cupcakes & Kale Chips | February 17, 2013
- Scallops Hong Kong Style Recipe for #SundaySupper | February 17, 2013
- Cajun Black Beans | Ruffles & Truffles | February 17, 2013
- Kale Salad with Pomegranates, Apples and Walnuts #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red KitchenThe Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | February 17, 2013
- Whole wheat pasta with Spicy Roasted Cauliflower #SundaySupper | Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends | February 17, 2013
- Fruity Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad — Family Foodie | February 17, 2013
- It’s a Skinny SundaySupper | Join us for a Healthier #SundaySupper — Family Foodie | February 17, 2013
- Roasted Garlic, Chicken & Herb White Pizza #SundaySupper | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts | February 17, 2013
- Italian Sub Salad for #SundaySupper « Diabetic Foodie | February 17, 2013
- Wine Pairings Recommendations for Skinny #SundaySupper - ENOFYLZ Wine Blog | February 17, 2013
- Chocolate avocado cake for a Skinny #SundaySupper | gotta get baked | February 17, 2013
- Mangoes and ChutneyCumin Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots | February 17, 2013
- Broccoli Patties with Arugula and Champagne Vinaigrette for #SundaySupper | February 17, 2013
- Herb Roasted Salmon with Steamed Cabbage & Peas | Lovely Pantry | February 17, 2013
- Cauliflower Pizza with Peppers #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic | February 17, 2013
- Skinny Salad Wraps for a Healthier #SundaySupper | Mama.Mommy.Mom. | February 17, 2013
- Swiss Chard and Quinoa Croquettes | The Wimpy Vegetarian | February 17, 2013
- Lamb Florentine Burger with Tzatziki Sauce For #SundaySupper | Country Girl in the Village | February 21, 2013
- Mocha Cheesecake | Lovely Pantry | March 3, 2013
- Saag Paneer . Ricotta In Spinach Sauce | March 3, 2013
- Mini Lime Cheesecake Bites #SundaySupper | Peanut Butter and Peppers | March 3, 2013
- Paneer Tikka Masala #SundaySupper | March 3, 2013
- Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake - Daily Dish Recipes | March 3, 2013
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies | Chocolate Moosey | March 3, 2013
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers #SundaySupper » Curious Cuisiniere | March 3, 2013
- Tres Fromage for #SundaySupper: Breaded Camembert with Butterscotch, Grilled Brie with Olive Tapenade & Blue Cheese with Walnuts and Toffee Glaze | Chattering Kitchen | March 3, 2013
- Raw Kale Salad with Chickpeas and Salmon in Orange Dressing — Shockingly Delicious | March 14, 2013