The #SundaySupper team has grown in size again! Holy Cow! We are up to 55 participants, and this week Jen, over at Juanita’s Cocina, is our hostess with the mostest. This is the most incredible foodie party the internet has to offer. In my opinion anyway! This week the group is sharing all sorts of recipes, drinks, and dishes to beat the sizzling summer heat!
I’m all about grilling lately, so I wanted to try something new on the grill that I would normally bake in the oven for this week’s #SundaySupper.
Loaded Baked Potato Skins!
4 Large baking potatoes
1/2 Cup Sour cream
1/4 Cup chopped bacon
3/4 Cup Kraft Three cheese with a touch of PHILADELPHIA
2 Tablespoons of butter
2 Teaspoons of fresh chives
1. Microwave 4 large baking potatoes until soft. Yes, microwave. We are beating the heat this week, remember!
2. Slice potatoes in half, and remove flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch thick shell
3. Mix removed potato with sour cream, chopped bacon, shredded cheese, butter and chives until smooth consistency
4. Fill potato skins with potato mixture
5. Grill loaded potato skins on medium heat for 20-30 minutes. Until browned and heated through.
6. Remove from grill and let cool slightly before serving.
Usually when people think of potato skins, they think of them as an appetizer. However, these skins are grilled and transform into a wonderful side dish. They are not fried like the ones you find in your local bar, and you can alter the dairy ingredients to lower the fat/calories if you choose.
Originally, I planned to use a cheddar jack cheese blend, but when I saw the Kraft Three cheese with a touch of PHILDAELPHIA Cream Cheese I knew it would be the best option to use to provide the creaminess I wanted inside. Honestly, I could have eaten the potato mixture right from the bowl with a spoon.
After grilling, the outside of the potatoes were a nice toasty brown, and the smoky grill kicked up the bacon flavor a few notches. Inside remained smooth a great contrast to the crisp bottom skin. You may want to call them a twice baked potato that has been grilled, or you can just call them what I do…DELICIOUS!
So now sit back, kick your feet up, and take a big swig of your sweet tea, ’cause it’s gonna get hot, hot, hot, because these recipes are SMOKIN’! Head on over to check out the amazing recipes being shared by my fellow #SundaySupper blogger friends on the links below.
- Refreshing Chunky Shrimp Salsa ~ The Weekend Gourmet
- Totally Cool Green Hummus ~ My Kitchen and I
- Smoked Whitefish Salad Bagel Bites ~ Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Watermelon and Goat Cheese Bites ~ Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Strawberry Gazpacho ~ Diabetic Foodie
- Grilled Loaded Baked Potato Skins ~ In the Kitchen with KP
- Sweet & Tangy Chili Lime Fruit Salad ~ Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
#BeatTheHeat Salads, Soups, & Sides:
- Cool Cucumber Salad ~ Momma’s Meals
- Lemony Garbanzo Kale Salad with Tuna ~ Shockingly Delicious
- Hungarian Cucumber Salad Recipe – Uborkasaláta Recept ~ The Watering Mouth
- Tomato Salad with Macadamia Cheese ~ Cooking’s Good Vegetarian Cafe
- Char-Grilled Corn Salad ~ The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Summertime Sweet Pea Salad ~ Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Apple and Poppy Seed Coleslaw ~ Damn Delicious
- Cold Cucumber and Rice Salad ~ Mama.Mommy.Mom
- Chilly Dilly Cucumber Soup with Shrimp ~ Comfy Cuisine
- Mom’s Creamy Pea Salad ~ Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Greek (Yogurt) Potato Salad ~ Family Foodie
#BeatTheHeat Main Dishes:
- Rainbow Slaw with Steak and Chipotle Crema ~ Cooking By The Seat of our Pants
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken ~ Make Dinner Easy
- Rolling with Kimbap ~ Kimchi Mom
- Ranch Chicken Tacos ~ Pippi’s In The Kitchen Again
- Serrano Ham, Mozzarella and Arugula Sandwiches ~ Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork ~ Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- No Bake Pizza ~ The Meltaways
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Supper for a Steal
- No-Cook Egg-Free Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream ~ Chocolate Moosey
- Peach Sorbet ~ Magnolia Days
- Icebox Chocolate Pie ~ Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Honey and Elderflower Ice Cream ~ Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Blackberry Lavender Popsicles ~ Girlichef
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas ~ In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Strawberry-Lime Margarita Ice Cream ~ Cookistry
- Elegant Fruit Jellies ~ Happy Baking Days
- Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches ~ That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream ~ Baker Street
- Vanilla Peach Swirl Frozen Yogurt ~ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Espresso and Toasted Almond Semifreddo ~ The Messy Baker
- Mango Ice Cream ~ Queen’s Notebook
- Raspberry Mousse ~ Basic and Delicious
- White Apricot & Honeysuckle Sorbet ~ Family Spice
- Biscoff Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ Juanita’s Cocina
#BeatTheHeat Drinks & Cocktails:
- Shirley Temple ~ Cravings of a Lunatic
- Prickly Pear White Wine Spritzer ~ Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Classic Daquiri ~ Katherine Martinelli
- Salty Lassi ~ Soni’s Food for Thought
- Blueberry Mint Lemonade ~ Pescetarian Journal
- Sweet Basil & Cucumber Melon Smoothie ~ Daily Dish Recipes
Wine Pairings Provided By: ENOFYLZ
Have a great #BeatTheHeat recipe to share? Join us this week for the #SundaySupper live chat. We’d love to have you participate in the fun! Our chat will start at 3 pm EST. Follow us on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat. Hope to see you there!
About the Author (Author Profile)Happily married with two children, Karen does not hesitate to rebuff her family’s hungry advances at mealtime, while she styles and photographs their dinner to share on Instagram before serving them. In The Kitchen With KP is full of family friendly adventures around Atlanta (and beyond), plus simple recipes everyone can feel comfortable trying. In fact, her whole family participates in the cooking/baking fun on a regular basis.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Biscoff Ice Cream Cupcakes ~ #BeatTheHeat #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina | July 15, 2012
- Sweet & Tangy Chili Lime Fruit Salad #SundaySupper | July 15, 2012
- #SundaySupper: Ranch Chicken Tacos | Pippi's in the Kitchen Again | July 15, 2012
- Peach Sorbet for #BeatTheHeat #SundaySupper | July 15, 2012
- Tomato Salad with Macadamia Cheese #Sunday Supper | Cooking's Good Vegetarian Cafe | July 15, 2012
- Strawberry Gazpacho for #SundaySupper « Diabetic Foodie | July 15, 2012
- Lemony Garbanzo Kale Salad with Tuna for #SundaySupper | July 15, 2012
- Rolling with Kimbap #SundaySupper | July 15, 2012
- The Watering Mouth Hungarian Cucumber Salad aka Uborkasaláta for #SundaySupper - The Watering Mouth | July 15, 2012
- #SundaySupper #BeatTheHeat Smoked Whitefish Salad Bagel Bites | Cindy's Recipes and Writings | July 15, 2012
- Greek Yogurt Potato Salad Recipe | July 15, 2012
- Shirley Temple- An Ode to a Legend #SundaySupper | Cravings of a Lunatic | July 15, 2012
- #BeatTheHeat #Sunday Supper: Mango Ice Cream, a Filipino ice cream treat | July 15, 2012
- White Apricot Sorbet with Honeysuckle for #SundaySupperFamily Spice | July 15, 2012
- No Bake Pizza for a Beat The Heat #SundaySupper | The Meltaways | July 15, 2012
- Slow Cooker Root Beer Pulled Pork for #BeatTheHeat #SundaySupper | July 15, 2012
- #SundaySupper #BeatTheHeat Gazpacho « The Hand That Rocks The Ladle | July 15, 2012
- Beat The Heat #SundaySupper – Hot Wine Pairings for “Cool” Food « ENOFYLZ | July 15, 2012
- Classic Daiquiris for #SundaySupper | July 15, 2012
- Vanilla Peach Swirl Frozen Yogurt | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts | July 16, 2012
- #BeatTheHeat Cold Cucumber Salad for #SundaySupper « Momma's Meals | August 6, 2012
- #BeatTheHeat Cold Cucumber Salad for #SundaySupper | | October 5, 2012
- Salty Lassi | Soni's Food for Thought | October 15, 2012
- Sweet Basil & Cucumber Melon Smoothie #SundaySupper » The Daily Dish Recipes | November 30, 2012
- Snickers Banana Bread Muffins #GameDayBites - In The Kitchen With KP : In The Kitchen With KP | October 4, 2013