College football is big in the South. You can randomly travel around to area towns and find bars dedicated to specific college teams. You can wander on in, hang out with some alumni, and make some new friends while cheering on your team. My husband is the opposite though. He prefers to sit in the comfort of our home and watch his favorite teams on TV. I am good with that too, since I get to spend some time paying in the kitchen whipping up some game day treats like these sweet Snickers Banana Bread Muffins.
Saturday mornings are usually spent lounging in pajamas and enjoying a home cooked breakfast. Our poor kids suffer terribly with their bowls of cold cereal and frozen waffles during the week. Insert sarcasm and pancakes made from scratch by DH here. I like having a big breakfast on the weekends, but the only downside is that the whole meal schedule is then out of whack. No one is really hungry at lunch time. We eat a late lunch, and then end up serving dinner at 8:00 PM. It’s a vicious cycle.
My solution to the being off schedule? Call an audible. By the time the first game starts around noon, I am ready to get tailgating (or homegating if you want to get all technical on me). I have found making a medium sized snack in the afternoon is perfect to keep everyone satisfied until our usual dinner time. If I am already in the kitchen working on a recipe, then I may make something simple to munch on like fresh veggies and dip. If I am just spending time with the kids, I may have them help me make something more filling like these crispy oven fried buffalo chicken tenders or maybe some grilled loaded baked potato skins. No matter what I make though as the main snack, when the third quarter rolls around I am looking for something sweet. That’s where these little nuggets of dessert come in and satisfy. See what I did there? Snickers…satisfies. Oh yeah!
I’m not a typical couponer as much as I want to be, but if I can save money on chocolate count me in! The Christmas baking season is coming and what better way to save a little cash than use a coupon to save up to $2.00 on Snickers and Milky Way new unwrapped bites.
Snickers banana bread muffins are the perfect game day bite. You have a hint of healthy from the banana bread and a sweet chocolate and peanut twist from the Snickers bites. And if you want to sneak one or two of these cuties for breakfast the next morning with your coffee, I won’t tell. This is a judgement free zone for anything made with Snickers.
What’s your favorite recipe to add in the new unwrapped Snickers or Milky Way unwrapped bites?
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 7 oz bag of unwrapped Snickers Bites diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place sturdy foil baking cups on a large baking sheet.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Combine bananas, sugar, egg, and melted butter in a large bowl.
- Add in flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Fold in diced Snickers bites
- Fill muffin tins about ¾ full with batter
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown and inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean.
About the Author (Author Profile)Happily married with two children, Karen does not hesitate to rebuff her family’s hungry advances at mealtime, while she styles and photographs their dinner to share on Instagram before serving them. In The Kitchen With KP is full of family friendly adventures around Atlanta (and beyond), plus simple recipes everyone can feel comfortable trying. In fact, her whole family participates in the cooking/baking fun on a regular basis.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Snickers Banana Bread Muffins #GameDayBites - inthekitchenwithkp - SE Ambassadors - VZW Monitor | October 4, 2013
- 15 Leftover Halloween Candy Recipes - Plus My Favorite for Reese's! | October 31, 2013
- Milky Way Simply Caramel Stuffed Blondies #EatMoreBites - In The Kitchen With KP : In The Kitchen With KP | March 10, 2014