In our house, nothing says Friday night like some warm queso, tortilla chips and beer. So why not follow that up with some tacos…made in pasta shells.
Can you say YUM?
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 package taco seasoning
18 jumbo pasta shells
1 can Rotel tomatoes with green chilies
2 cans enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Optional sour cream and black olives for topping
1. In a large skillet, brown turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
2. Add taco seasoning according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta shells and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. Coat bottom of baking dish with enchilada sauce
6. Fill pasta shells with beef mixture and arrange in a 9×13 inch baking dish
7. Pour Rotel tomatoes and enchilada sauce over shells
8. Bake in oven20 minutes or until heated through
9. Remove dish from oven and top with Cheddar cheese; return dish to oven to melt cheese
10. Top with optional sour cream and black olives before serving
This was a super easy dish to make. The hardest part was browning the ground turkey and stuffing the shells.
It’s perfect for a no stress Friday night dinner. The best part, each person can top the shells with anything they like. If you wanted some lettuce or jalapenos, just throw them right on top of the stuffed shells and enjoy!
Don’t like olives, don’t put them on. You get the idea.
DH super modified the recipe he found here at AllRecipes.com, so now you have two options in one post!
What’s you favorite easy dinner to make on Friday night?