Happy #SundaySupper friends! I hope you have had your coffee or tea because you are in for a party planning spectacular today! This week, the #SundaySupper crew is sharing our favorite drinks and appetizers to hopefully get your own party planning mojo flowing. I’m kicking things off with these super easy and totally scrumptious, Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs.
I also have to laugh about sharing this recipe. I came home from work one evening to these sweet and saucy meatballs as dinner because DH found a bag of regular sized prepackaged meatballs left in our freezer. He decided what the heck, serve them over rice, add a veggie and dinner is done. He’s a resourceful one, that husband of mine.
1 14-ounce can Ocean Spray® Jellied Cranberry Sauce
1 12-ounce bottle Heinz® Chili Sauce
1 2-pound bag frozen, pre-cooked, cocktail-size meatballs
1. Combine sauces in a large saucepan.
2. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth.
3. Add meatballs, and cover and cook for 15 minutes or until meatballs are heated through, stirring occasionally.
For Cooking in Crock Pot:
1. Place the meatballs in the slow cooker.
2. Combine sauces and pour over meatballs.
4. Cover and cook 4 hours on HIGH.
This recipe could not be any easier due to using pre-made cocktail sized meatballs. You can absolutely make your own meatballs instead of pre-made, but when I am prepping for a party, time is at a premium people. I cut corners where I can. You can find the original recipe HERE on the Ocean Spray site.
DH made a good call for dinner. The meatballs were tender, and there was plenty of sauce in the crock pot to enjoy them over the rice. Now I am determined to try them in cocktail size and serve them for a holiday get together. This week there is a plethora of incredible recipes to try for your next party. Get your copy and pasting fingers (or printer) ready, because you won’t want to waste any time snagging them for yourself! I know I have already bookmarked a ton!
- Glühwein from Magnolia Days
- Cookies-n-Cream Cocktails from The Urban Mrs
- Cranberry Fizz from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Rosemary Orange Punsch from Galactopdx
- Candy Cane Martini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Hot Chocolate from Momma’s Meals
- Chocolate Peppermint Eggnog from The Daily Dish Recipes
- Jamaican Sorrel from The Lovely Pantry
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate Spoons from Chocolate Moosey
- Homemade Eggnog from Flour on my Face
- Moroccan Mint Tea from MarocMama
- Cherry Bomb from Noshing with the Nolands
- Wassel from There And Back Again
- Cranberry Sparkler Mocktail from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pomegranate Cosmo from Supper For A Steal
- Poinsettia Mimosas from Big Bear’s Wife
- Mulled Wine: Spiked and Steamy from Daddy Knows Less
- Poinsettia Cocktails from The Catholic Foodie
- The Red Carpet Diva from Cooking Underwriter
Holiday Appetizers or Hors d’oeuvres
- Cheese Ball Wreath from The Meltaways
- Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Tarts from My Catholic Kitchen
- Prosciutto Goat Cheese Rolls with Fig Preserves and Arugula from Shockingly Delicious
- Muenster and Spinach Pinwheels from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Drunk Moose Meatballs from The Foodie Army Wife
- Smoked Salmon Blinis with Cranberry-Spiced Feta from Chattering Kitchen
- Sticky Wholegrain Mustard & Ginger Cocktail Sausages from girlichef
- Potato Leek Soup from What Smells So Good
- Cheesy Mushroom Pull Apart Bread from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- 5 Quick & Easy Appetizers for Your Holiday Party from Webicurean
- Bacon Peanut Caramel Corn from Gotta Get Baked
- Crostini topped with Voodoo Chicken Cream Dip from Country Girl in the Village
- Mushroom Strudel from Vintage Kitchen
- Roxanne’s Shrimp & Andouille Sausage Queso Dip from The ROXX Box
- Herbed Holiday Party Mix from Curious Cuisiniere
- Old fashioned Swedish Meatballs from I Run For Wine
- Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Bites from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Fried Green Beans with Wasabi Ranch from Juanita’s Cocina
- Salsa Baked Cheese from Home Cooking Memories
- Cookie Dough Dip from The Cookie-A-Day Challenge
- Parmesan Onion Rounds from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Lip-smacking Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs from In The Kitchen with KP
- Hot Spinach Parmesan Dip from Comfy Cuisine
- Indian Spiced Tuna Balls from Soni’s Food
- Onion marmalade with Bacon from Ruffles and Truffles
- Sweet Potato Dip from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Festive Cucumber & Ginger Sushi Rolls from The Ninja Baker
- Baked Brie from Family Foodie
Let this be a time when we renew our faith in the power of love and realize the importance of time with our families.