This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Campbell’s Soup Company . All opinions are 100% mine.
Why do foodies love food? In my opinion…flavor. Complex, layered, or simple, good food packs a punch of flavor to excite the palate. When I am cooking up a fast side dish during the week, lack of time is no excuse for bland food. Swanson® Broth is always in my pantry to add depth to the flavors in my Cherry Apple Chicken Sausage Couscous.
Couscous is one of the fastest side dishes I have in my recipe arsenal. I use a 1:1 ratio of dry couscous to liquid for the number of serving I need. Swapping Swanson® chicken broth for water takes zero extra prep time, and is the perfect balance of chicken, vegetables, herbs and spices to tie all the ingredients of this dish together. For this recipe I used a little more broth when I made the couscous to help plump up the dried cherries.
One of my favorite features of the Swanson® Broth packaging is the resealable screw cap for easy storage once it’s been opened. I can rely on Campbell’s as a company that delivers new and innovative products.
Using one large container of broth for elevating the flavor of multiple weeknight side dishes saves me time and money, not to mention keeps my family happy and their hunger satisfied.
The versatility of couscous is amazing. I can add a variety of different ingredients to create the flavor profile that fits our evening dinner. For my Cherry Apple Chicken Sausage Couscous, I quickly warmed some precooked chicken sausage, then tossed in the rest of my ingredients to warm everything through and blend all the flavors.
Boom. Done. A side dish ready for the table in minutes full of flavor and bursting with nutritious fresh apples, dried cherries and crunchy pistachios. For more delicious Campbell’s recipes connect with Swanson® Broth on the web or check out their delicious photos on Instagram @Swansonbroths.
What favorite recipe of yours could you turn up the flavor dial by adding Swanson® Broth?
- 1 Cup whole wheat couscous
- 1¼ Cup Swanson® Chicken Broth
- 2 fully cooked Apple Chicken Sausage links, chopped
- ½ Cup diced granny smith apple
- ½ Cup dried cherries
- ½ Cup chopped pistachios
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large glass measuring cup add couscous, dried cherries and chicken broth. Microwave covered for 2 minutes. Remove from microwave and fluff couscous with a fork.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add cooked chicken sausage pieces to skillet and warm through, 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced apple to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked couscous and cherries to skillet and mix with apples and sausage, saute 5-7 minutes to allow all the flavors to blend.
- Remove skillet from heat, top with chopped pistachios and serve immediately.