I am so excited for this #SundaySupper with Katie Workman, author of the Mom 100 Cookbook. Katie shares the one hundred solutions/great tasting recipes useful for not just moms of course, but every parent.
This week our Sunday Supper Group is featuring Katie’s recipes, and some with our own spin. I used Katie’s basic quesadilla recipe and spun it to create these amazing Caramelized Onion and Grilled Flank Steak Quesadillas!
8 medium size 8 inch flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cheese
Filling: your choice
For our quesadillas, while I caramelized the sliced onions in butter and olive oil, my husband grilled the flank steak, that was marinating in the refrigerator earlier.
Once the flank steak rested, it was diced in small pieces so it would spread throughout the quesadilla more easily. We layered shredded cheese, flank steak, onions, and then a little more shredded cheese to hold it all together.
What resulted was the amazing melty, cheesy deliciousness that was pictured above, with an explosion of flavors! By varying the fillings, the whole family can enjoy a meal of quesadillas. Jed prefers just cheese, while Baby is slightly more adventurous and requests added steak on occasion. We make quesadillas so often, we have gone so far to purchase a quesadilla maker. This way we don’t have the hassle of flipping the tortillas in a regular pan and having the insides slide all over.
Now for one of my favorite sections of my #SundaySupper post…sharing all my fellow food bloggers amazing recipes! You definitely need to check out these awesome food blogs! Plus you can chat with all of these great bloggers during this week’s live chat. We will also be giving away 3 copies of the Mom 100 Cookbook! If you are a foodie or someone that likes to cook, you don’t want to miss this chat!
- Japanese Restaurant Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing Shockingly Delicious @shockinglydlish
- Spicy Ranch Bacon & Avocado Quesadilla Daily Dish Recipes @nicolehcook
- Pear, Goat cheese and Pancetta Grilled Pizza MamaMommyMom @mamamommymom
- Turkey Meat Sauce The Meltaways @MrsMeltaway
- Lasagna with Turkey Meat Sauce GirliChef @girlichef
- Salsa Chicken Quesadilla with a homemade cilantro chimichurri Juanita’s Cocina @juanitascocina
- Individual Grilled Pizza Big Bears Wife @bigbearswife
- Beans and Cheese Quesadila with Tomato Salad Basic n Delicious @basicndelicious
- Grill Roasted Honey Ginger Chicken Are you Hungry? @redkathy
- One-Pot Arroz con Pollo – Cuban Style Comfy Cuisine @trish0605
- Sesame Noodles With Shrimp and Vegetables Magnolia Days @reneedobbs
- Fresh Mozzarella Pasta Casserole Twitter Doggie at The Dinner Table @doggieatdinner
- Arroz con Pollo Puerto Rican style Cooking by the seat of our pants @cbsop
- Rice Toppings of Garlic, Lemon, Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Summer Pineapple The Queen’s Notebook @mango_queen
- Pizza Quesadillas Meal Planning Magic @mealplanmom
- Sesame Noodles Cupcakes and Kale Chips @CupcakeKaleChip
- Lasagna Parcels with Turkey Meat Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite @wallet_appetite
- Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again @shlylais
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals @mommasmeals
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach, Bacon and scallions! Mama’s Blissful Bites @mamapoolecooks
- Thai Style Sesame Glass Noodle My Trials in the Kitchen @seetfei
- Caramelized Onion & Flank Steak Quesadilla In The Kitchen with KP @InTheKitchenKP
- Teriyaki Skewers Real Best Recipe @realbestrecipe
- Skillet Spinach Corn with Edamame Cilantro & Bacon Bits Sue’s Nutrition Buzz @ssunithi
- Pulled Pork with Papa Mike’s Cole Slaw In the Kitchen with Audrey @audreysmamma
- Sauteed Corn, Spinach Bacon and Scallions That Skinny Chick Can Bake @thatskinnychick
- Arroz con Pollo Portuguese Style Family Foodie @familyfoodie
- Fudgy One Pot Brownies Mrs. Mama Hen @MrsMamaHen
- Simple Vanilla Cupcakes Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks @HezziD
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares Chocolate Moosey @chocolatemoosey
- Butterscotch-Bacon Apple cookies What Smells So Good? @jo_jo_ba
Wine pairing Wine Everyday @wineeveryday
Have a delicious recipe to share with our Sunday Supper group? We’d love to have you participate in the fun! Join our live chat, this week at 7:00 PM EST. We are also honored to have Katie as our guest for this week’s chat. Follow along on twitter by using hashtag #Sundaysupper or using Tweetchat.
Hope to see you there!
Connect with Katie Workman, Author of The Mom 100 Cookbook:
Buy The Mom 100 Cookbook
About the Author (Author Profile)Happily married with two children, Karen does not hesitate to rebuff her family’s hungry advances at mealtime, while she styles and photographs their dinner to share on Instagram before serving them. In The Kitchen With KP is full of family friendly adventures around Atlanta (and beyond), plus simple recipes everyone can feel comfortable trying. In fact, her whole family participates in the cooking/baking fun on a regular basis.
Sites That Link to this Post
- #SundaySupper: Grilled Chicken Pita Sandwich | Pippi's in the Kitchen Again | July 22, 2012
- One Port Arroz con Pollo Portuguese style | July 22, 2012
- #SundaySupper Sauteed Corn, Spinach, Bacon, and Scallions | Mama's Blissful Bites | July 22, 2012
- Sesame Noodles With Shrimp And Vegetables for #SundaySupper | July 22, 2012
- Salsa Chicken Quesadillas with Cilantro Chimichurri ~ #SundaySupper with “The Mom 100 Cookbook”! | Juanita's Cocina | July 22, 2012
- Japanese Restaurant Salad with Carrot-Ginger Dressing for #SundaySupper | July 22, 2012
- Quesadilla and Grilled Pizza’s are abundant for this #SundaySupper with Katie Workman and Mom 100 Cookbook | Wine Everyday | July 22, 2012
- Sesame Noodles for #SundaySupper with @katieworkman100 (#glutenfree version) — Cupcakes & Kale Chips | July 22, 2012
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza for #SundaySupper « Momma's Meals | July 22, 2012
- Small Wallet Big Appetite » Lasagna Parcels with Turkey Meat Sauce #SundaySupper | July 22, 2012
- Grilled Breakfast Pizza & Sauteed Corn & Spinach Grilled Pizza for #SundaySupper | | October 7, 2012
- Spicy Ranch Bacon Avocado Quesadilla #SundaySupper » The Daily Dish Recipes | November 27, 2012
- Grilled Pear, Goat Cheese and Pancetta Pizza #SundaySupper | Mama.Mommy.Mom. | January 2, 2013