This week for #SundaySupper you are totally in for a trick…ooops…I meant TREAT! The team has been super busy prepping some mind-blowing Halloween themed foods for y’all! Some are a little twisted and others are downright ghastly, but trust me…they will all taste delicious. If you can get them past your eyes that is.
Kicking off the list, I am introducing, my fun but not so scary,
Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs!
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
2 1/2 slices American cheese, quartered (2.5 oz)
10 large hot dogs
Mustard or ketchup, if desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
3. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough.
4. Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
5. Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like “bandages,” stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog.
6. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate “bandages” so hot dog shows through for “face.”
7. On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
8. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown, and hot dogs are hot.
Oh Em Gee. Can you see that melty, cheesy goodness oozing through the little biscuit bandages?
Adorable and delicious looking, right?
Perfect for your next Halloween get together.
I did a few things differently than the recipe. I used refrigerated butter flavored biscuits instead of crescent roll dough (hence the more yellow color). My family prefers the taste and I like the way it bakes around the hot dogs.
I flattened each biscuit on a cookie sheet and used a pizza cutter to slice it into very thin strips. I liked the way I could wrap more thin strips around the hot dog to make more banadges, hence improving the mummy look.
I also used block cheese instead of slices. I cut down the corners of the block lengthwise to make a long triangle shaped strips that were easier to wrap with the hot dog. By only having cheese on one side, the hot dog didn’t slide around inside the dough. It stayed together nicely, and made it easy for the kids to eat. I hate when the hot dog falls out of the wrapper, don’t you?
Even though these dogs are perfect for Halloween, I will definitely be making them again for the kids. They loved them! I’m thinking of maybe an italian sausage version with pizza dough, mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce for dipping next time. Now, by the light of the full moon, get thee howling selves over to check out all the other ghoulish treats featured from the #SundaySupper team! The numerous delectables will definitely put you in the spirit for some gobblin good times!
- Shrunken Heads in Cider – Girlichef
- Candy Corn Martini – The Messy Baker Blog
- Trick-or-Treat Wine Pairings for Halloween – ENOFYLZ
- Steak Bites with Bloody Mary Dipping Sauce - I Run for Wine
- Eggs in Purgatory – My Catholic Kitchen
- Mini Jack-o’-Lantern Sloppy Joe Pies - Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Baked Mummy Cheese Dogs – In the Kitchen with KP
- Meat Head – Ruffles & Truffles
- Goblin Eggs – Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mummy Hot Dogs – Damn Delicious
- Spooky Kid Pizzas – Sustainable Dad
- Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Dip, & Wicken Witch’s Brew – Daddy Knows Less
- Monster Mash – Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Sloppy Worm Sandwiches - La Cocina de Leslie
- Gory Green Monster Eyeball Dip - Shockingly Delicious
- Marinated Mozzarella Eyeballs - Comfy Cuisine
- Eyeball Pinwheels – Home Cooking Memories
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Spooky Ogre Eye Cookies – The Realistic Nutritionist
- Jack O’ Lantern Cookies -Magnolia Days
- Spooky Good Popcorn Snack Mix -The Weekend Gourment
- White Chocolate & Coconut Dipped Strawberry Ghosts - Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Monster Bites – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vegan Halloween Sugar Cookies -Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Monster Cookies -Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Tunnel of Doom Cake – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Candy-Stuffed Rice Crispy Treat Pumpkins -Chocolate Moosey
- Crispy Graham Bones – The Meltaways
- Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Witch’s Fingers – Noshing with The Nolands
- Sweet Intestines with Broken Glass – The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Graveyard Brownies -The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Boo Candy Corn & Chocolate Chip Cookies – Hip Foodie Mom
- Bleeding Devil Cakes -Momma’s Meals
- Pumpkin Halloween Munch – Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Cake Pops – Juanita’s Cocina
- Jack-O-Lantern Carrot Cake - Galactosemia in PDX
- Ghostly Chocolate Orange Tarts – Happy Baking Days
- Messy Monster Cookies - MarocMama
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cake Pops – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Halloween Popcorn Cake – Pippis in the Kitchen Again
- Witches Morning Gruel - In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate & Dulce de Leche Ghosts – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Peanut Butter Candy Bar Cookies - The Cookie A Day Challenge
- Monster Cookie Revel Bars – Baker Street
- Halloween Cereal Bars - Basic N Delicious
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) – Webicurean
- Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels – Midlife Road Trip
If these recipes haven’t inspired you to start prepping for Halloween, then join us on Twitter throughout the day by following the hashtag #SundaySupper. We’ll all be chatting up a storm during out live chat, Sunday evening at 7:00 pm(Eastern). Just follow the #SundaySupper hashtag there too. Oh, and if you’re on Pinterest, pop on over to see all the gorgeous pictures that accompany our recipes on the #SundaySupper Pinterest board!
What are you making for dinner on Halloween?
My baked mummy dogs were adapted from the Pillsbury recipe HERE.
About the Author (Author Profile)Happily married with two children, Karen does not hesitate to rebuff her family’s hungry advances at mealtime, while she styles and photographs their dinner to share on Instagram before serving them. In The Kitchen With KP is full of family friendly adventures around Atlanta (and beyond), plus simple recipes everyone can feel comfortable trying. In fact, her whole family participates in the cooking/baking fun on a regular basis.
Sites That Link to this Post
- Halloween Party Recipes | October 28, 2012
- Trick or Treat: Pumpkin Pie Pinwheels Recipe #sundaysupper | October 28, 2012
- Jack O Lantern Cookies for #Halloween Trick-Or-Treat #SundaySupper | October 28, 2012
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pies with Biscoff Cream #SundaySupper - The Girl in the Little Red KitchenThe Girl in the Little Red Kitchen | October 28, 2012
- Crispy Graham Bones for a Trick or Treat #SundaySupper | The Meltaways | October 28, 2012
- Meat Head: A Halloween DIY Tutorial | She likes ruffles, he likes truffles | October 28, 2012
- Trick-Or-Treat for #SundaySupper! | | October 28, 2012
- Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends – Dulce de Leche Bat Cookies #SundaySupper | October 28, 2012
- Witch’s Fingers for Trick-Or-Treat Halloween Party at #SundaySupper | | Noshing With The NolandsNoshing With The Nolands | October 28, 2012
- Halloween Cookie Dough Pops ~ #TrickOrTreat #SundaySupper! | Juanita's Cocina | October 28, 2012
- Messy Monster Cookies for #SundaySupper | marocmama.com | October 28, 2012
- #SundaySupper Spooky Kid Pizzas | October 28, 2012
- #SundaySupper: Halloween Popcorn Cake | Pippis in the Kitchen Again | October 28, 2012
- Monster Bites for #SundaySupper aka the ugliest cake pops ever! | Cravings of a Lunatic | October 28, 2012
- Ossi di Morti (Bones of the Dead Cookies) #SundaySupper - Webicurean | Webicurean | October 28, 2012
- Graveyard Brownies in a Pool of Strawberry Syrup | The Wimpy Vegetarian | October 28, 2012
- Monster Mash #SundaySupper | Cindy's Recipes and Writings | October 28, 2012
- Trick or Treat Wine Pairings For Halloween #SundaySupper - ENOFYLZ Wine Blog | October 28, 2012
- Eyeball Pinwheels for #SundaySupper Halloween Party - Home Cooking Memories | October 28, 2012
- BOO Candy Corn and Chocolate Chip Cookies for Halloween #SundaySupperHip Foodie Mom | Hip Foodie Mom | October 29, 2012
- Monster Cookies | Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts | October 29, 2012
- Top 47 Best Halloween Recipes » The Daily Dish Recipes | November 30, 2012
- Bewitchingly Delicious Butterscotch Broomstick Cakepops #SundaySupper | Mama.Mommy.Mom. | December 21, 2012