Some days I would love to be transported back to my childhood. The love of Summer vacation and when I had no cares in the world. Then I spend the evening helping my daughter practice her math homework using the Common Core principals. Sheesh! Who came up with that crap? Then my mind explodes and I’m super happy I’m not a kid anymore so I thought I would share my Top 10 Reasons I Love Being a Grown Up!
- I no longer hate naps. If there’s a chance for a nap, I take it and enjoy every sleepy moment.
- Ice cream for dinner. Shhhh…it can be our secret.
- I’m teaching my kids how to play my favorite game, UNO. My husband doesn’t like to play cards so I can make the kids play with me.
- A steady income. Sometimes you just have to buy the strappy black sandals.
- Watching the Breakfast Club and being transported back in time for a few moments, picturing the friends from high school that fit into every one of the characters.
- Enlightening my children on the awesomeness that was Saturday morning cartoons. Everything from Tom & Jerry to Schoolhouse Rock.
- Because I said so is a viable statement to end an argument with my children.
- A night on the town with girlfriends ends by 10 PM because I would rather spend free time catching up on sleep. See #1
- Daily coffee. Need I say anymore?
- A matured sense of taste and experimenting with bold flavor combinations like creamy Dijon aioli, smoky Gouda cheese, caramelized onion sauce and a lightly breaded chicken breast on a Brioche bun.
As a self proclaimed foodie, I’m getting a taste of “The Gouda Life” via Wendy’s® latest offering, the new Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche. Fast food is just that fast when I need to grab something on the go. I appreciate Wendy’s® offering high quality and unexpected ingredients like natural cheeses, aiolis and artisan breads. Plus I know it meal on the go for my family won’t break the bank.
Wendy’s® new Smoked Gouda Chicken on Brioche is available until the end of September at participating restaurants. So hurry and grab your taste of “The Gouda Life” before it’s gone!
What’s your favorite Wendy’s® menu item to indulge in when you need to grab a bite on the go?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Wendy’s®.