This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Glad & M&M’S®. All opinions are 100% mine.
I’m not sure what it is about the holidays that make me crave peppermint. Maybe it’s the cooler temperatures of Winter rolling in, or the frosty little crystals on my windshield in the morning that remind me of the cool sensation that peppermint provides when you eat it. For whatever reason it is, I knew when I made these White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’S® Cookie Bars they wouldn’t be around for long.
Last week while shopping in the holiday section of my local Target I was super excited to find the new White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’S® on display. I knew immediately that the special White chocolate peppermint M&M’S® would be the perfect addition for my next batch of cookie bars.
I have become slightly obsessed with making cookie bars lately. At this time of year, when work is crazy and I’m participating in no less than 4 cookie exchanges, I’m all about saving time and minimizing effort where I can. Baking dozens of cookies gets crazy y’all!
When I make cookie bars, there is no need for loading up multiple baking sheets and the constant swapping of them in and out of the oven. It’s so easy to be able to press the batter to a large baking dish and then decorate with more White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’S® and crushed peppermint candies.
Pop the baking dish in the oven, bake, cool and then slice into a few dozen cookies. Boom! Cookies are done!
I buy Glad reusable containers every year for my holiday baking. They come in a variety of sizes, and I love the convenience of sending them to my neighbors full of cookies and not having to worry about the containers being returned. Plus my coworkers appreciate when I bring treats to the office too. These bars were gone in an afternoon. I had no idea so many of them shared my obsession with peppermint.
The pretty Christmas tree print and holiday green containers available at Target also included a recipe in case you needed inspiration on what to make or your annual cookie exchange. I made a batch of the M&M’S® Black & White Peppermint Brownies included on the packaging I bought. Holy yum! These layered bars, half brownie and half sugar cookie are amazing! They are super gorgeous when sliced too. They made me feel like I had some fancy talent in the kitchen.
If you’re in the mood to get started on your holiday baking, head over to Target. The Glad Holiday Storage products, White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’S® and adorable red and green M&M’S® Holiday Baking Mini’s are available exclusively at Target.
What’s your favorite flavor that inspires you to bake and share treats with friends and family around the holidays?
White Chocolate Peppermint M&M’S® Cookie Bars Recipe Card
- 2¼ Cups all-purpose flour
- ½ Cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) butter
- ¾ Cup granulated sugar
- ¾ Cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 Large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Generously spray 10x13 glass baking dish with baking spray
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until creamy.
- Add sugar, brown sugar and peppermint extract to butter and mix until creamy and combined.
- Add eggs to butter and sugar mixture, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and continue to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently fold in White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms into batter.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for about 20-30 minutes, then flip onto parchment paper for slicing and further cooling.
- Recipe makes 3-4 dozen bars depending on the size of bar you cut.
M&M’S® Black & White Peppermint Brownies Recipe Card
- 1 package Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 package Brownie Mix
- ¼ tsp Mint Extract
- 1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz. White Chocolate
- 1 package M&M's® White Chocolate Peppermint Candies
- Holiday Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare sugar cookie mix according to package directions and press into bottom of 9 x 13" pan.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions and add mint extract.
- For brownie next year over sugar cookie layer. Sprinkle brownie batter with semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Melt white chocolate chips per package directions.
- Drizzle chocolate over bar cookies.
- Decorate bar cookies with sprinkles and M&M's White Chocolate Peppermint candies.
- Allow drizzle to harden. Slice brownies and serve. Store in Glad containers , bags or wraps.