I love baking bundt cakes. They just make me smile inside and out. The multiple designed pans available, the unique flavor combinations you can create, and the beauty of a well drizzled glaze all come together in perfect harmony of happiness.
When I heard this month’s theme for #BundtAMonth was cherries, I had to think of a new idea for my cake. I opened the fridge and there was my inspiration…black cherry greek yogurt, and was resulted was an amazing
White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake.
When I think of dried cherries, I usually picture my favorite salad or trail mix with nuts and white chocolate chips. I decided to follow this mental image, and complement the black cherry yogurt by adding white chocolate chips and dried cherries.
If you aren’t already aware, adding greek yogurt into a cake recipe produces a wonderfully moist cake. Plus the moisture helped plump up the dried cherries in the baking process. Each bite of cake is filled with the sweet melted white chocolate chips with a burst of tangy sweetness from the dried cherries. This cake was definitely a winner in my book for being filled with flavor.
I’m glad I decided to try something new for this month’s theme. I already thought my bundts were all starting to look the same, and now with this flavor combination, I definitely made something completely different, right down to the pink Wilton vanilla melts and glittery white sanding sugar.
Because a glittery cake with a little more white chocolate drizzled on top would be completely awful…said NO ONE EVER!
Now head on over to check out the rest of the #BundtAMonth crew’s yumtastic offerings. You won’t be disappointed.
- Black Forest Mini Bundt Cakes by Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Blueberry Cheesecake Bundt by Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Anuradha at Baker Street
- Cherry Bundt Cake by Veronica at My Catholic Kitchen
- Cherry Kirsch Bundt by Tara at Noshing With The Nolands
- Cherry Pecan Bundt Cake by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake by Lora at Cake Duchess
- Chocolate Cherry Coke Cake by Jennie at The Messy Baker Blog
- Chocolate Cherry Dream by Kim at Ninja Baking
- Coconut Cherry Chip Bundt by Anne at From My Sweet Heart
- Lemon Cherry Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze by Anita at Hungry Couple
- Mahlab Vanilla Bundt Cake by Laura at The Spiced Life
- White Chocolate Black Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Karen at In the Kitchen With KP
- Cherry-filled Bundt Cake with Chocolate Drizzle by Heather at Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spicy Cherry Yogurt Bundt Cake by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
Want to participate too?
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Use any kind of cherries – and bake a Bundt for March
- Post it before April 30, 2013.
- Use the #BundtAMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title should read #BundtAMonth: Chocolate Cinnamon Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts.
Link Up Your Own Bundt!
- For the Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container Chobani Black Cherry Blended Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Dried Sweet Cherries
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- For the Glaze
- ½ Cup Wilton candy melts pink/vanilla flavored
- For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray 10” bundt pan with Baking Pam and coat with plain fine bread crumbs
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the butter and mix until light and fluffy; about three minutes.
- Add and beat in the eggs one at a time
- Alternately mix in the flour mixture and yogurt, mixing until combined
- Gently fold in dried cherries and white chocolate chips
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 5-10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, prepare the glaze.
- To make the glaze
- Microwave candy melts according to bag directions
- Drizzle over cake
- Let set about 15 min until icing sets, serve