We love Mexican food in our house. We have experimented with Taco Stuffed Shells, Mexican Lasagne, and of course my super easy Deconstructed Enchiladas. I can bet we probably have tacos once a week. This past weekend, I was excited to remember there was leftover turkey taco meat in the fridge. This almost never happens with my husband around, so I decided to take advantage and revamp the leftovers into something new and fun for lunch. Check out these flaky and golden Taco Crescent Roll Ups.
These roll ups could not be easier since I was using leftover taco meat. After I recovered from my mild heart attack from opening the can of crescent rolls, (doesn’t that happen to everyone? Sheesh! Those exploding containers are scary no matter how many you open throughout your life!). Anyway, I started by separating and flattening the crescent roll triangles, sprinkled on the shredded cheese and meat, and then rolled them up. I was done in mere minutes.
Even if you don’t have pre-cooked leftover meat on hand like I did, browning up some ground turkey or beef, and adding taco seasoning takes minimal time. DH enjoyed his roll ups with a side of Mexican rice, while Baby opted for a simple side of sour cream for dipping. These roll ups are even uncomplicated enough for any weekday dinner. The filling possibilities are endless. I can’t wait to try ham/cheese or pepperoni/cheese combinations next time.
What’s your favorite way to revamp a leftover?
- 1 Cup cooked taco meat (turkey or beef)
- ½ Cup shredded cheddarjack cheese
- 1 can regular crescent rolls (8)
- Optional: Sour cream and Salsa for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate and slightly flatten crescent roll dough triangles on greased baking sheet
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese on each triangle
- Spoon ground beef mixture on top of cheese
- Roll crescents like normal, carefully keeping the filling inside as you roll and seal the openings.
- Sprinkle a bit of cheddar cheese on top of each roll.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve warm with sour cream and salsa on side for dipping if desired.