It’s time again to break and the flour and butter and celebrate my inner baker for #BundtAMonth! This month’s theme is caramel. What comes to mind when I think of caramel? Candy bars. Sticky, sweet, and chewy from the perfect caramel inside. I decided to throw caution to the wind and try my spatula at making a Snickers Bundt Cake.
DH and the kids left Saturday to head up to PA to visit his parents. I had a full weekend to myself, but sadly the Georgia weather has not been cooperating. I ran errands Saturday in the on and off pouring rain, and Sunday it poured most of the day. A rainy Sunday called for spending the afternoon in the kitchen baking and filling the house with delicious aromas.
How did I make this beautiful looking Snickers bundt cake? It was super easy. I used a basic vanilla bundt cake recipe, performed my usual tweaks, and mixed in a ton of chopped miniature Snickers bars. Ok. Not really a ton…just 2 cups, but it was plenty to fill the cake with half melted, mini nuggets of caramel and peanut goodness. If you are a Snickers fan, you may want to give this cake a whirl.
This cake was well received at the office, not that this should surprise anyone. Helloooo. It was made with Snickers bars and drizzled with extra caramel. The success of this experiment made me think of all the other fabulous candy I could use to mix into a bundt cake. YUM!
Anyhoo…focus…back to this month’s theme of amazing caramel. Check out the lovely assortment of Caramel themed bundts from my FAB foodie friends! I guarantee, you will be drooling in minutes flat.
Brown Butter Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Icing by Holly from A Baker’s House
Buttermilk Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Icing by Carrie from Poet In The Pantry
Caramelized Apple Bundt Cake by Lora from Cake Duchess
Caramel Pound Cake by Veronica from My Catholic Kitchen
Chocolate Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel by Alice from Hip Foodie Mom
Double Glazed Caramel Mocha Bundt by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
Dulce de Leche Bundt Cake by Renee from Magnolia Days
Dulce de Leche Swirl Pound Cake by Anuradha from Baker Street
Orange Caramel Bourbon Bundt Cake by Paula from Vintage Kitchen Notes
Salted Butterscotch Caramel Bundt Cake by Laura from The Spiced Life
Salted Caramel Mini Apple Cake Bundts by Anita from Hungry Couple
Snickers Bundt Cake by Karen from In The Kitchen with KP
Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Bundt Cake by Kate from Food Babbles
Toffee Pecan Bundt Cake with Caramel Drizzle by Anne From My Sweet Heart
Here’s how you can be a part of Bundt-a-Month:
- Simple rule: Bake us a bundt using caramel
- Post it before July 31, 2013
- Use the #BundtaMonth hashtag in your title. (For ex: title could read #BundtaMonth: Caramel Swirl Bundt)
- Add your entry to the Linky tool below
- Link back to our announcement posts
Even more bundt fun!
Follow Bundt-a-Month on Facebook where we feature all our gorgeous bundt cakes. Or head over to our Pinterest board for inspiration and choose from hundreds of Bundt cake recipes.
- 2½ Cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- ¾ Cup whole milk
- ½ Cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Vanilla Creamer
- 2 Cups chopped Snickers Bars
- Caramel sauce for drizzling over cake
- Additional chopped Snickers for decorating top of cake
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray 10” bundt pan with Baking Pam and coat with plain fine bread crumbs
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy; about three minutes.
- Add and beat in the eggs one at a time
- Alternately mix in the flour mixture, milk and creamer, until combined, ending with flour mixture
- Fold chopped Snickers pieces into batter
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cool, drizzle with caramel sauce and chopped Snickers pieces.
- I used store bought caramel sauce for topping, but you can also use homemade if you want.
- Slice and serve