This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
Mondays really get a bad rap. It never fails that the kids are sluggish getting up for school on Mondays, and I’m no better. My bed taunts me to stay for just five more minutes. Before I know it, we’re all running late, and the rest of the day teeters on the edge of chaos. When it comes time to getting dinner on the table, it needs to be fast and still make the family smile. Not every day can be Friday, so today I thought I would share one of my easiest recipes to make and turn an average Monday, into and extra tasty version of itself. #ManwichMonday in our house calls for making this saucy Sloppy Joe Stromboli!
Manwich Monday is a fab way to start your week, and an easy way to get your family to spend some quality time around the dinner table. The Kid-Stopping Power of Manwich makes meals a messy-licious treat to be enjoyed with both hands. The three Manwich flavors, Original, Bold and Thick & Chunky, contain quality ingredients and bring everyone’s attention back to mealtime with it’s sweet and tangy deliciousness. When the plates hit the table, your kids will be tossing their electronics to the side to dig into dinner.
There are so many different ways to use Manwich to sauce up your Monday evening dinner. Don’t stop with making original Sloppy Joes. Try my Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole or go to Manwich Monday Recipes for more ways to create your own #ManwichMonday dinner. Your family won’t be able to resist yummy favorites like Saucy Meatloaf, Sloppy Joe Macaroni Skillet, Sloppy Joe Tacos and so many more.
I struggled what to call my recipe, I think of stromboli as a longer version of a calzone/folded dough pocket. Since I rolled the dough and fillings similar to my favorite Pepperoni Bread recipe, I wasn’t sure the term stromboli fit, but whatevs.
The name doesn’t matter to be honest. The only thing I care about is the way the melty cheese and Manwich filling swirls through the pizza dough. This is comfort food at it’s best and great for knocking out a case of the Mondays. Pair the hearty stromboli slices with a side salad or your favorite vegetable to create a balanced meal.
Hesitating to put Manwich on your weekly grocery list because you’re not sure where to find it near you? Check out the ConAgra Foods’ website and use the product locator to easily find a store that carries Manwich in your area.
What’s your favorite recipe to make for enjoying #ManwichMonday in your kitchen?
- 1 batch homemade pizza dough or 16 oz package of pre-made pizza dough
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 8 oz bag of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 Tablespoons favorite flavored olive oil
- 1 teaspoons Garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, cook 5 to 7 minutes or until beef crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce, remove from heat and set aside.
- Lightly dust your dough work surface with flour
- Flatten your dough using a rolling pin (or your hands) to stretch it out into a large rectangle.
- Top dough with Manwich meat mixture, spreading evenly over area of dough, leaving about an inch on each side of the rectangle.
- Layer shredded cheese on top of beef.
- Begin rolling the dough from the bottom end towards the top.
- Keep rolling the dough towards the opposite end until shaped into a loaf.
- Pinch the sides and top seams to seal.
- Cut a few steam vents in the top of the dough to allow the moisture to escape.
- Brush the outside of the dough with olive oil to coat lightly.
- Sprinkle garlic powder on the outside of dough.
- Place in oven and bake 30-40 mins, or until outside of dough is evenly browned and crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to set for 3-5 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable sides for an easy weeknight dinner.