This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Manwich. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love to stock my pantry with supplies for making super-fast dinners. For my family, that includes the iconic Manwich. Both my parents worked when I was a child. My mom was famous for her family dinners that could be on the table in minutes. I am happy to have inherited not only that trait, but also a creative gene that allowed me to serve this Sloppy Joe Cornbread Casserole to my own family.
Manwich comes in a variety of three flavors Original, Bold, and Thick & Chunky. We are fans of all three varieties, and I switch the flavors around depending on the recipe I’m making. Nothing compares to the simplicity of using Manwich and it’s kid-stopping power. My daughter stops what she is doing and almost runs to the table when I’m serving sloppy joes made with Manwich. I can trust the quality ingredients to keep my family’s attention during mealtime and away from our usual electronic distractions.
For this new favorite entree for #ManwichMondays, I turned to my pantry not only for the can of Manwich, but also for two boxes of cornbread mix. Cornbread mix is a great stock item to keep on hand since it only requires and egg and milk to make. I layered the traditional sloppy joe meat inside 2 layers of cornbread batter. The resulting casserole eliminates the need for rolls. I know half the fun of eating a sloppy joe is the messy-licious-ness, but it’s ok to use a fork sometimes.
Did you know there NO meat in Manwich cans? The cans only contain the delicious sauces made from quality ingredients. The varieties are so versatile; you can pair the flavors with sandwiches, pastas, and even meat-free dishes. Kick off Manwich Mondays in your house this week with a great dinner that’s ready in minutes. Head over to Manwich Mondays Recipes and register for the ReadySetEat enewsletter to find more delicious dinner ideas stop your family in their tracks and get them to the table in a flash.
What’s your favorite recipe to make using Manwich?
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can Manwich Thick & Chunky
- 2 boxes corn bread muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ Cup of milk
- ⅔ Cup French fried onions
- In large saucepan or pot brown ground beef until no longer pink (165 F)
- Stir in can of Manwich Thick & Chunky and heat through.
- Prepare an 8X8 baking dish with a light coat of non stick spray
- Prepare cornbread batter in large bowl by combining mix, eggs and milk.
- Pour half of batter into the bottom of the prepared baking dish
- Layer prepared Manwich mixture on top of the batter.
- Add the remaining half of batter on top of the Manwich mixture
- Sprinkle French fried onions on top of corn bread batter
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 25-30 minutes until cornbread batter is baked through.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes to set before slicing to serve.