This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NABISCO Cookies and Crackers. All opinions are 100% mine.
November is here and that means the start of holiday party season. Yay! I’m so excited to be back around extended family. I love hosting our holiday dinners. A sweet bonus of new the house is the extra large kitchen where I can accept the offers of help to prepare all the tasty food. The kitchen is the heart of our home and every party, so it’s nice to have everyone sharing the same space and spending time together. There is nothing more fun than a bunch of family drizzling the gooey marshmallow and melty chocolate all over these amazing Pecan‑Apple RITZwich treats.
An important aspect of any get together for me is the food. I want guest to enjoy delicious tasting treats and leave feel satisfied. I’m all about the classics for appetizer recipes, and my pantry is always well stocked with NABISCO Cookies and Crackers.
This year you too can Bring Home The Holidays With The Ultimate Party Planner. Visit NABISCO Party Planner for a wide array of newly developed recipes just for the 2015 Holiday Season. Thanksgiving and Christmas won’t be the same with as year’s past with all the sweet and savory ideas you will find using some NABISCO classic products like OREO Cookies, RITZ Crackers, NILLA Wafers.
It’s tough to keep little hands from sneaking all the RITZ crackers in my kitchen when prepping appetizers, so I’m putting those hands to work. Baby had a fun time helping me prepare these Pecan‑Apple RITZwiches.
Entertaining can also get expensive, especially around the holidays. Stock up when Publix has their best sales on cookies and crackers. I have been known to leave with half my cart full after leaving the aisle. Your pantry will always be ready for hosting last minute guests. And don’t forget to keep an eye on the Publix Weekly Ad Circular for coupons to use on your weekly shopping trips on all your NABISCO favorites.
Some may say creating the plan to serve the food is harder than preparing it. Make it easy on your self. If you are planning a buffet, plan your dishes as a guest would add them to their plate. Start with plates, napkins and silverware. Next place the entree choices, and then follow with the sides. Round out the end of your table with the extras like rolls and butter. Feel free to also add some levels by using cake plates to elevate some of the dishes and shake up your serving dish shapes.
Don’t hesitate to separate your desserts from the main meal table too. I personally don’t want my slice of pumpkin pie sliding into the turkey and gravy. For these sweet little treats, I simply served them on the baking sheet I drizzled all the chocolate and marshmallow. I didn’t want to lose all the gooey deliciousness transferring them to another serving dish.
So get your planning started now and visit NABISCO Party Planner and your local Publix and get your shop on. The end of November will be here before you know it.
What’s your favorite way to top a RITZ?
- 6 Tbsp butter
- ¾ cup(s) brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup(s) chopped toasted pecans
- ½ cup(s) dried cranberries
- ½ cup(s) dried apple slices, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup(s) crisp rice cereal
- 52 Ritz Crackers
- ½ cup(s) marshmallow creme
- 4 Oz semi‑sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring butter, sugar, corn syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon to boil in saucepan on medium‑high heat, cook for about 2 minutes. Meanwhile, combine next 4 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Add butter mixture to nut mixture; mix lightly, cool 3 minutes
- Place 26 crackers in single layer on parchment‑covered baking sheet; top with nut mixture.
- Bake 12 minutes, top remaining crackers to make 26 sandwiches.
- Microwave marshmallow creme in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH for about 15 seconds. Stir remaining cinnamon; drizzle over sandwiches, repeat with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.