It’s cookie swap time! That’s right today is the day where everyone that participated in this year’s Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap (#FBCookieSwap) shares their recipes! Wahooo! I sent these crazy good Salted Caramel Toffee Chip Cookies to my three exchanges and I could not wait to share the recipe with y’all!
One word. Fan-freaking-tastic! This year organizers, Julie from The Little Kitchen and Lindsay from Love and Olive Oil knocked it out of the park again. The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap partners with COOKIES FOR KIDS’ CANCER, a national non-profit organization committed to funding new therapies used in the fight against pediatric cancer. I’m so proud that I can do my small party to help raise money for a great cause.
Say what? An entire bag of gorgeous, sparkly little crystals of caramelized sugar? Sign me up! I just dipped each little cookie ball right into that golden, crunchy, deliciousness.
Seriously. Can you see how amazing those crystals are? And those wee tiny specs of coarse sea salt? That is the makings for one amazing cookie my friends.
I packed up a dozen Salted Caramel Toffee Chip Cookies combined with a few other holiday goodies and sent them to three food bloggers all over the country. One of my deliveries went to Chef Sarah Elizabeth, from Daisy At Home, who took the great Instagram photo below.
I’ve already made this cookie recipe again for my neighborhood swap, and it’s on the agenda for this weekend’s #SundayFunday baking. Friends and family just can’t get enough of them. Oh, and don’t worry if you can’t find any Salted Caramel Crunch at the store. You can either leave it off the top or follow this recipe for Caramel Crunch and this quick video on How to Make Crunchy Caramel Bits.
I was also incredibly lucky to receive three delicious deliveries of cookies too! A huge thank you to lovely ladies at The Sassy Life, Blahnik Baker, and Tortillas and Honey for all their yummy cookies. They didn’t last long in our house. Be sure to follow these ladies (and their blogs) for more tasty recipes. I’m sad this year’s swap is over already, but I’m definitely excited to participate next year!
- 2 Cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ Teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ Cup butter, softened
- ¾ Cup light brown sugar
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ Cup Toffee bits
- ½ Cup Caramel bits
- Salted Caramel candy crunch bits and coarse sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet(s) with parchment paper, set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, (or using hand mixer) cream butter and both sugars together on medium speed, beating until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed and add in egg, vanilla and toffee chips, scraping sides when needed. Mix 1-2 minutes on medium until fully blended.
- Reduce mixer speed and add in flour mixture until dough forms.
- Hand fold in caramel bits and mix well to distribute evenly.
- Using a 1 inch scoop (or heaping tablespoon) drop cookie dough onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Dip the top of each cookie dough ball into caramel crunch and return to parchment paper.
- Sprinkle a few grains of coarse sea salt onto the top of each cookie. I repeat…a few grains!
- Insert cookies into preheated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes until edges are just golden.
- Be careful not to over bake. Cookies will be extremely soft to the touch.
- Slide parchment sheet to cooling rack to allow cookies to cool.