I don’t do canning. It’s a pretty big process, and the thought of giving someone in my family food poisoning from incorrectly preserving, gives me a case of the hives. However, there are some very talented experts in the Sunday Supper Crew, and I wanted to make sure I shared their awesome Canning and Preserving Recipes with you this week.
The canning jars in my house are more suited for desserts like Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread, Chocolate and Banana Ice Box Trifles, or storing random items, like opened candy left from Easter. I have aspirations of filling my kitchen one day with the delicious aromas of canning my husband’s homemade tomato sauce, but until that day comes, you will just have to head on over the blogs below. The crew is sharing condiments to veggies, and of course everything in between to preserve the harvest.
- Apricot Ginger Jam from Happy Baking Days
- Banana Jam from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Gotta Get Baked
- Blueberry Lemon Basil Jam from Daily Dish Recipes
- Candied Watermelon Rind from What Smells So Good?
- Fig and Strawberry Jam from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Mixed Berry Rhubarb Jam from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mulberry Jam from Curious Cuisiniere
- Quick Peacharine Chutney from Shockingly Delicious
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Freezer Jam from Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Butter from The Urban Mrs
Other Outstanding Recipes:
- Fireweed Jelly from The Foodie Army Wife
- Flavoured Butters from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gravlax from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Corn Cob Jelly from Blueberries and Blessings
- Deep South Dilly Beans from Eat, Move, Shine
- Fermented (Sour) Pickles from Growing Up Gabel
- Fire Roasted Salsa from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Hot and Spicy Giardiniera from The Messy Baker
- Hot Italian Giardiniera from Healthy. Delicious.
- Jalapeños en Escabeche (Pickled Jalapeños) from La Cocina de Leslie
- Oi Kimchi (Korean Cucumber Kimchi) from Kimchi MOM
- Refrigerator Dill Pickles from Country Girl in the Village
- Spicy Sweet Tomato Chutney from Food Lust People Love
- Traditional Escabeche (Pickle) from Basic N Delicious
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter this week Sunday, July 14th to talk all about our perserving the harvest. Everyone is welcome!
We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET, and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos! Hope to tweet you there!