There are so many fun marshmallow flavors out in the market these days. ‘Tis the season of pumpkin everything, I was not surprised to see these tempting little morsels on the shelf at my local grocery store. My kids love eating plain marshmallows. Now that they are a little older, I am sharing my love of Rice Krispies treats with them. I made these super cute treat pops for a the No Kid Hungry blogger bake sale, and now I am branching out and experimenting with a few of the new unique flavors. If you like the flavor of pumpkin pie, then you will love these Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispies Treats.
These treats are made the same way as the original Rice Krispies Treats. Simply melt a little butter in your stock pot, add the the marshmallows and stir continuously while they slowly melt. I use a stock pot to keep as many Rice Krispies off my floor as possible. They always seem to fly everywhere when I am stirring them int to the melted marshmallow goodness.
These marshmallow treats were delicious! I am glad I took them to the office to share with my co-workers. If I would have kept them in the house, I would eaten every last one of these little gems.
Are you a traditionalist with eating Rice Krispies Treats or would you live on the edge and try a new flavor of marshmallows?
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups pumpkin spice marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 9x9 cake pan
- non stick-cooking spray
- Fall themed sprinkles for decorating (optional)
- In large stock pot melt butter over low heat
- Add pumpkin spice marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Remove pot from heat.
- Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and stir until evenly coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- Let treats cool (if humanly possible. If not you have been warned because melted marshmallow are HOT!)
- Cut into desired size squares and decorate with Fall colored or themed sprinkes