This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
In our house, some weeks are just too hectic for words. I’m working. The kids have school and after school activities, plus depending on the time of year we need to throw multiple sport practices into the mix. I say a happy hallelujah when I find a great tasting recipe that puts dinner on the table in minutes. If you can appreciate the need for speed for meal time on a weeknight, then my 20 Minute Oven Baked Double Crunch Fish Tacos are for you.
For this entree, I let the oven do all the work for me. I keep fish fillets and an assortment of Alexia Foods in my freezer at all time. One of my family’s favorite Alexia sides is the Alexia Onion Rings with Panko Breading and Sea Salt. Made from sweet Spanish onions, these onion rings pack an awesome crunch factor thanks to the all-natural Japanese style Panko breading.
Inspiration struck. By pairing the light, crisp onion rings with our favorite oven baked, crunchy fish fillets, I get an amazing, double crunch inside the soft flour tortilla.
Fish tacos aren’t complete until you add your favorite toppings. My brother (the resident fish taco king of the family) introduced us to a simple blend of pre-shredded coleslaw mix and diced sweet salad cubes. I love the sweet tang of the salad cubes and crunchy cabbage paired with the lightly salted Panko breading of the onion rings.
Dinner time is definitely stress free when you reach for Alexia frozen sides made from real ingredients. I’ve tasted fresh onions straight out of the field fried into onion rings, and these onion rings offer that true all-natural, farm flavor. Satisfy your family’s need for a delicious dinner by pairing these Oven Baked Double Crunch Fish Tacos with a few more onion rings and a small side salad or fresh vegetable crudités. You can find more simple recipes from Alexia Foods here.
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional taste. Alexia frozen sides are a delicious addition to a balanced meal with that little something extra and can be ready in 25 minutes—or less. Sign up for Alexia’s Club 350 newsletter for more great meal inspiration!
Alexia. Farm to Flavor.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia . The opinions and text are all mine.
- 4 frozen crunchy fish fillets
- ½ bag of Alexia Onion Rings with Panko Breading and Sea Salt
- 1 Cup pre-shredded coleslaw mix
- ½ Cup Diced Sweet Salad Cubes (or sweet relish if you can’t find the larger cut salad cubes)
- 4 Flour tortillas (small taco/fajita size)
- Preheat oven to oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl add coleslaw mix and diced salad cubes and stir to combine.
- Set aside to allow slaw to marinate.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Spread frozen fish fillets and Alexia Onion Rings in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Turn rings and fish and bake for additional 5-8 minutes, or until desired crispness.
- Remove fish and onion rings from oven. Carefully chop into bite size pieces for tacos.
- Fill flour tortilla with fish, layer slaw on the fish, and top with onion ring pieces.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.