Summer is here and with it, of course, comes the heat. When it comes to making dinner, I’m not looking for heavy comfort food like the cooler months. I prefer easy dinners with entrees cooked on the grill and cold sides like Creamy Pesto Fingerling Potato Salad or Tomato and Basil Pasta Salad. The same goes for desserts. I prefer not to turn on my oven and bake, but occasionally still want to serve a sweet treat for dessert. These super easy No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Stacks fit the bill perfectly when you don’t want to turn on the oven.
Fresh strawberries seem to be in abundance in my local markets. Grabbing a few pints of fresh berries and few extra ingredients lets you create a stunning dessert in just minutes. You can really use any type of fresh berry in this dessert and it will be spectacular.
Assembling this dessert couldn’t be easier. Simply start with a chocolate wafer, add a layer of sliced strawberries, and then top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Next time I may try adding some diced strawberries into the whipped cream. I think it would be a fab contrast of tastes and texture with the fresh whipped cream.
If you can’t seem to find the chocolate wafer cookies in your local store, try checking in the ice cream topping section. Once you have the first set of layers complete, then repeat to create the stacks as high as you desire.
These no bake desserts are light and amazing! The cookie softens as the stacks set and the wafers make for a cake-like experience. Perfect recipe for summer! I can’t wait to mix and match different berry combinations.
The recipe makes about 9-12 desserts, depending on the amount of whipped cream you use. Everyone will surely devour this dessert, and I personally wouldn’t plan ahead for any leftovers.
What’s your favorite Summer No Bake dessert recipe?
- 1 box Famous Chocolate Wafer Cookies (3 cookies per dessert)
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (more if you want it sweeter)
- Fresh Strawberries washed and sliced, (about 3 berries per dessert)
- Fresh Mint for garnish (optional)
- In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment, whisk the sugar and whipping cream until stiff. About 2-3 minutes on high.
- Add additional sugar to taste if desired.
- To assemble Chocolate Strawberry Stacks, place one cookie on a plate and top with sliced berries. Add a dollop of whipping cream and top with a cookie. Repeat until you've placed a third cookie on top.
- Garnish with a small dollop of cream, strawberry and mint leaf.