This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of NABISCO Cookies and Crackers. All opinions are 100% mine.
Well, I did it! I hosted my first holiday get together of the season and it went off without a hitch. My turkey was golden brown and juicy, and served with a colorful array of side dishes. With the holiday season in full swing, today I thought I would not only share a delightfully easy treat recipe, but also a few simple tips for your family to enjoy a healthier and happier holiday season. Enjoying the taste of the season doesn’t mean you have to over indulge. Sometimes a craving is completely satisfied with a 1-2 bite nosh like these festive NABISCO WHEAT THINS PB Chocolate Bites.
I love to plan parties, and I’m always looking for new ideas to keep each gathering unique. When it comes to creating the menu I take my guests tastes into account and try to have enough options for everyone. This year I turned to NABISCO Party Planner for some delicious recipes. I love that so may holiday recipes are in one place, I don’t have to search the entire web. The site also has coupons available for a variety of NABISCO cookies and crackers at Publix, including one of my favorites, Wheat Thins to use in this recipe.
Party supplies can add up fast, so I always try to use coupons where I can. More savings, means more money for more parties, right? I spent a day last week catching up with my girlfriend while we worked together to prepare a few make ahead recipes for the feast later in the week. I asked her to help me make the WHEAT THINS PB Chocolate Bites to show her how easy it was to create a fresh idea for a party snack with NABISCO Party Planner.
After mixing up a few ingredients we were spreading the creamy and crunchy mixture onto Wheat Thins to make mini cracker sandwiches.
Then we dipped the cute little squares in melted chocolate, and added a sprinkling of festive multi-colored nonpareils. I know very few people that can resist the delicious combination of peanut butter and chocolate. It’s so good!
I decorated an extra table with pretty fall colors and left plenty of room for swapping out appetizers to desserts. My main dinner buffet was set up in the kitchen on my center counter island. The kitchen island was great for giving guests room to move around the entire offering of dishes being served.
We’re all so excited to be back in Pennsylvania and sharing the holiday season with a large group of family again. My heart was definitely full.
Don’t think after that adorable picture that I forgot about sharing these Simple Tips for Enjoying a Healthier and Happier Holiday Season. They are so simple the tips should be second nature, but it never hurts to refresh and prepare for the next holiday party.
1. Prepare an assortment of good for you alternatives. I love the easy of throwing together an easy vegetable or fruit tray. You’d be surprised how people will snack on the crunchy options if they are readily available.
2. Arrive to the holiday party hungry, but not starving
3. Don’t restrict yourself, monitor portion size instead
4. Fill your plate with a colorful rainbow. See also fruit and vegetable tray from #1.
5. Stay hydrated. Sometimes when you think you’re hungry, your body just needs water. I place a stack of disposable cups on the counter closest to the refrigerator water dispenser for easy access.
What’s your favorite tip for enjoying a healthier and happier holiday season?
- 108 WHEAT THINS Original Snacks, divided
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 8 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 2 Tbsp. multi-colored nonpareils (green, red and white)
- CRUSH 36 WHEAT THINS finely; place in medium bowl. Add peanut butter and sugar; beat with mixer until blended. Stir in cereal.
- SPREAD 36 of the remaining WHEAT THINS with peanut butter mixture; cover with remaining WHEAT THINS to make sandwiches, gently pressing WHEAT THINS into peanut butter mixture to secure.
- COVER baking sheet with parchment. Dip half of each sandwich, 1 at a time, in melted chocolate; place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with nonpareils. Refrigerate 30 min. or until chocolate is firm.