As someone who writes about food and shares recipes, I’m always looking for something new and delicious to share with you. That description certainly fits today’s Milky Way Simply Caramel Stuffed Blondies. There aren’t many people that would turn down chocolate, even if it’s not their favorite flavor of dessert, and it’s even harder to resist when gooey caramel is thrown into the mix.
Over the Christmas holiday I found a super cute mini Bundt pan on sale at my local Home Goods. Truth be told, I bought the pan because it looked like the perfect size to use to make individual oreo stuffed brownies. Since my successful experimentation with the stuffed brownies, it was time to try out some other tasty combinations.
I have a sweet tooth, so no matter when I go shopping, I almost always end up meandering down the candy aisle just to see what’s new, and my trip to Walmart last week was no exception. I happened on the section of unwrapped Mars bites and immediately spotted the new Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites. I swear they almost jumped into my cart on their own.
At first I thought about adding them to my usual brownie batter, but then I decided to try making a batch of blondies. I have never made blondies before, but the thought of sweet caramel and chocolate melting inside a chocolate chip cookie base flavored dough pushed me over the edge in my decision.
I was not disappointed in my choice. The Milky Way Simply Caramel Bite melted into the top of the blondie and tasted amazing. I was going for more of a molten lava filled cake type effect, but since the blondie batter is more the consistency of traditional cookie dough versus brownie batter, the bite melted to into the bottom of the batter as it baked. I had to layer the simply caramel bite between layers of blondie dough to make sure it was covered properly. However, no matter how the candy was added, the end result was an perfectly portioned, decadent treat.
Do you like baking with candy as much as my #CollectiveBias friends and I do? Or maybe you just like eating it straight from the package. Either way, I am here to help you save money on your next candy purchase. You can receive a $0.75 off coupon here when you buy (2) 2.83 oz. bags or receive a $3.00 off coupon here to use when you buy (2) 6 oz. bags or larger. I know I tend to go a little crazy when I am in the candy aisle sometimes, so having a coupon helps keep a little more money in my wallet.
What sweet treat would you like to see baked inside a blondie or brownie? I’m always open to new combinations to try!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 7 oz bag of Milky Way Simply Caramel Bites
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare a mini bundt pan by spraying liberally with Pam for Baking.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract and combine thoroughly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating and mix well.
- Next slowly add in flour mixture and mix to combine well.
- Using ½” cookie scoop, place one scoop of dough into each mini bundt pan cavity.
- Add one Milky Way Simply Caramel Bite into the center of the dough in each cavity.
- Add a second scoop of dough on top of each Milky Way Simply Caramel Bite and cover Bite completely.
- BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool pan completely before removing the stuffed blondies.
- Dust stuffed blondies with powdered sugar and serve.