This past #SundaySupper was incredible! 20 different blogs shared amazing recipes bursting with flavor featuring Land O Lakes® innovative Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. I am happy to share that we are continuing the trend, and our team is continuing to share wholesome recipes this week as a feature for Family Foodie’s #WeekdaySuppers. We hope to inspire you to make mealtime sizzle for your family with quick & easy meals in 30 minutes.
This week was my third week on the South beach diet. I am doing well following the program, and I wanted to come up with an acceptable starch to keep me on plan. I am huge fan of brown rice, and I bake my brown rice in the oven in large batches on the weekend. I had some in the freezer, so I threw caution to the wind and created this fabulous Italian Chicken Fried Brown Rice.
Using pre-made brown rice cuts the preparation time for this dish down significantly. Land O Lakes® Sauté Express® Sauté Starter combines butter, olive oil, and a variety of herbs and spices into one convenient square.
I tried the Italian Herb version for this non-traditional fried rice dish, and it worked so well! The flavorful aroma of red bell pepper, garlic, and oregano filled the kitchen while the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter melted in the pan. It smelled so good, DH soon started hovering in the kitchen to see how quickly dinner would be on the table. 🙂
2 cups prepared brown rice
3 Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® squares
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
1 bag of steam in bag green beans (12 oz)
1/2 cup cooked edamame (optional)
1. Melt 2 Sauté Express® squares in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat just until bubbles begin to form.
2. Add chicken and sauté 10–15 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
3. While chicken is cooking, prepare green beans according to directions on bag.
4. Remove chicken from skillet. Melt remaining 1 Sauté Express® square in skillet.
5. Add rice and stir fry for 2-3 min, thoroughly warming rice.
6. Add chicken and steamed green beans back into pan with the rice and mix thoroughly.
7. Serve and top with optional edamame.
- Garlic & Herb – Families love the flavor combination of garlic and herb. The irresistible aroma will draw families to the table, while the mouth-watering taste will have them asking for seconds.
- Italian Herb – The seasoning is an easy way to add Italian flavor to ordinary chicken, and it also turns everyday Italian into something special.
- Savory Butter & Olive Oil – The combination of butter and olive oil is a simple and wholesome way to put a new twist on your family’s favorite meals.
- Lemon Pepper – The splash of lemon and a hint of black pepper is perfect for fish or other light dishes.
Trust me when I say I am making my way through them all!
You can follow the #WeekdaySupper with Sauté Express® Sauté Starter Pinterest Board to see all the amazing meal ideas we are sharing. This week’s #WeekdaySupper contributor’s are conveniently listed right here so you can go check them out! You don’t want to miss what they are cooking up in their kitchen!
- Monday – Garlic and Herb Chicken Quesadillas by Family Foodie
- Tuesday – Mussels and shrimp in a fennel saffron herb broth by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Wednesday – Italian Herb Chicken Bites by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Thursday – Italian Chicken Fried Brown Rice by In the Kitchen with KP
- Friday – Lemon Pepper Chicken Wraps by Daily Dish Recipes
And don’t forget my giveaway I have going on for a full value coupon for one lucky readers to try the fabulous Land O Lakes® innovative Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for themselves! Go to my #SundaySupper post HERE and leave a comment.
- 2 cups prepared brown rice
- 3 Land O Lakes® Garlic & Herb Sauté Express® squares
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 bag of steam in bag green beans (12 oz)
- ½ cup cooked edamame (optional)
- Melt 2 Sauté Express® squares in 12-inch nonstick skillet or wok over medium-low heat just until bubbles begin to form.
- Add chicken and sauté 10–15 minutes or until chicken is golden brown.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare green beans according to directions on bag.
- Remove chicken from skillet. Melt remaining 1 Sauté Express® square in skillet.
- Add rice and stir fry for 2-3 min, thoroughly warming rice.
- Add chicken and steamed green beans back into pan with the rice and mix thoroughly.
- Serve and top with optional edamame.
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.