Have you even been to an event at your entertainment venue and all of a sudden, you catch a whiff of something delicious. You’re mesmerized by the smell, and you just have to know what it is. The aroma of baking cookies and sweet vanilla wafts around you and all of a sudden you see it. The roasted nut cart. These carts sucker me every time, tempting me with their delicious scents and toasty goodness. My favorites are the Homemade Candied Praline Pecans and just had to figure out a way to make these decadent treats at home.
Shockingly enough, Candied Praline Pecans are not difficult to make. You can make a simplified version in your own oven in just minutes with a few ingredients. Once you try making them at home, you will be hooked on making homemade. No more buying from the over priced carts in the entertainment venues to indulge your sweet tooth.
This recipe can be made using whatever nut you prefer. You can even make an extra batch to be packed in a pretty, resealable gift jar for your Valentine.
If you need more homemade Valentine craft and gift ideas head on over and check out my Valentine’s Day Pinterest Board.
What sweet treat aroma reels you in every time that you just have to splurge and enjoy it?
- ½ Cup white sugar
- ½ Cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix sugar and salt together.
- In a second large bowl whisk egg white and water together.
- Toss pecans in the egg white mixture to coat.
- Slowly add sugar mixture into the bowl of coated pecans and stir until all pecans are evenly coated.
- Spread sugared pecans onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until pecans are evenly toasted.
- Remove from oven and cool 15-20 minutes before serving.