School starts earlier here in the South. We just completed our second full week! Baby started on a Thursday, so I can appreciate when school doesn’t start on a Monday. Monday’s can be rough enough on their own, let alone throwing in the start of a new school year. It takes a few days to get everyone back into the swing of things. School mode means rearranging our current relaxed schedule of karate classes and day care pick up, all while still getting the family dinner on the table before 8:00 PM.
If your schedule is even more hectic, then you are in luck! This week’s #SundaySupper theme offers a variety of menu ideas to fit into the fsat paced back to school routine. The recipes, our #SundaySupper group is sharing this week, are not only delicious, but can be prepared in record time, including my Delectable Deconstructed Enchiladas.
I call the enchiladas deconstructed, because I waste no time rolling filling inside the tortillas and neatly lining the baking dish. The ingredients are quickly layered and then slid into the oven to heat through.
Super easy and FAST!
1 1/2 lb ground turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can of enchilada sauce 10 oz
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes
12 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
8 oz cheddar jack shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
3. Stir in can of Rotel tomatoes heat through
4. Trim flour tortillas on two sides to create a “corner” edge to fit in the baking dish
5. In a 9″x4″ baking dish cover the bottom with enchilada sauce
6. Add a layer of the flour tortillas, topped by the meat and tomato mixture, and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Repeat two more times being sure to use up remaining trimmed tortilla strips.
7. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over layers
8. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted. This doesn’t take long as you are already layering the warm ingredients.
9. Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes to set layers before slicing.
Look at these delicious layers! YUM!
I topped mine with sour cream and black olives, my two favorites, but this dish can be served as is or dressed over top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and basically anything your family likes to top tacos.
Time to share! Be sure to make time and check out the amazing awesome line up of recipes coming this Sunday.
- Greek Dogs by Supper For a Steal
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad by Magnolia Days
- Double Duty Fajita Chicken: Nachos Supreme and Enchiladas by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Zucchini, Corn and Bacon Crepes by Vintage Kitchen
- Oregon Shrimp Quesadillas by Pescetarian Journal
- Korean omelet rice by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Dillled Salmon Croquette Burgers by Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Gluten Free Pepper Steak with Rice by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Crispy Ravioli in Cherry Tomato Sauce by Shockingly Delicious
- BLT Soup by Meal Planning Magic
- Korean Pan-Fried Fish by Kimchi Mom
- Stove top mac ‘n cheese by Gotta Get Baked
- Deconstructed Enchiladas by In the Kitchen with KP
- Croque Monsieurs by Juanita’s Cocina
- Summer Squash and Mushroom Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Seared Lamb on a bed of Mashed potatoes with Artichoke Hearts by Cooking Underwriter
- Pasta with Creamy Kale Pesto by Webicurean
- Baked Spanish Tortilla by Happy Baking Days
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Chicken Pasta with Spinach and Beans by The Lemon Bowl
- Tomato Pie by My Catholic Kitchen
- Shredded Chicken in Peanut Sauce Tacos w/ Corn & Zucchini Sauté by GirliChef
- Tomatillo Chicken Stew by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Pollo a la Crema by La Cocina de Leslie
- Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos by Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with a Yogurt Dill sauce and a Greek Salad by Noshing with the Nolands
- Wagon Wheel Pasta with Pancetta & Peas by Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Lemon & Dill Shrimp Pasta w/ Oven Roast Corn by Mama, Mommy, Mom
- Ricotta – Tofu Tomato Toasts by Yummy Smells
- One Pot Spicy Asian Chicken and Rice by Hezzi D
- Turkey Italian Brown Rice Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Flatbread Pizza with Cilantro Garlic Sauce by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Cashew Chicken Stir-fry by Diabetic Foodie
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Roasted Butternut Lo Mein by The Meltaways
- Potluck Casserole with Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Jerk Chicken Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Loaded Chicken and Steak Stuffed Potatoes by Big Bears Wife
- Steamed Tofu Serve with Fried Mix Vegetables by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Pasta with sausage and cherry tomatoes by Tora’s Real Food
- Chicken Ravioli with Peas and Bacon by Daddy Knows Less
- Quick N Easy Thai Coconut Shrimp Stir Fry by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Pizza with Hummus & Fresh Greens by Family Spice
- Speedy ‘n Spicy Shrimp Pasta. Will be dinner this Friday by The Weekend Gourmet
- End of Summer Grilled Peach and Chicken Salad by Sustainable Dad
- Teriyaki Tuna Bowl by Family Foodie
- Weeknight Stir Fry by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Baked Egg with Mushrooms and Bacon by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Taco Bake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Fried Rice and Black Beans by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Ties by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pasta in Tomato sauce and turkey meatballs by Basic & Delicious
- Pasta Primavera by Midlife Road Trip
- Tots Your Tots Will Love by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
Please be sure you join us on Twitter throughout the day on Sunday. We’ll be meeting up at 7:00 p.m. EST for our weekly #SundaySupper live chat where we’ll talk about Back to School Meals and ways to make meal time easier!
All you have to do is follow the #SundaySupper hashtag. We’ll be sharing great recipes and tips all afternoon, and we’ll be talking all things Back to School Meals during our chat! We’d also love to feature your Back to School Recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share them with all of our followers!
- 1½ lb ground turkey
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can of enchilada sauce 10 oz
- 1 can Rotel diced tomatoes
- 12 flour tortillas (soft taco size)
- 8 oz cheddar jack shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in can of Rotel tomatoes heat through
- Trim flour tortillas on two sides to create a "corner" edge to fit in the baking dish
- In a 9"x4" baking dish cover the bottom with enchilada sauce
- Add a layer of the flour tortillas, topped by the meat and tomato mixture, and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Repeat two more times being sure to use up remaining trimmed tortilla strips.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce over layers
- Bake until heated through and cheese is melted. This doesn't take long as you are already layering the warm ingredients.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5-10 minutes to set layers before slicing.