Happy Sunday to you all! Sorry, it’s been a little quiet here in the kitchen this past week, but I promise I will make it up to y’all with this week’s recipe roundup for Sunday Supper. This week, in preparation for the upcoming inaugural Food and Wine Conference, we are sharing amazing recipes from the lovely Sara Moulton’s cookbook, Everyday Family Dinners. Sara Moulton will be speaking at the conference, so what better way to celebrate, than share her delicious creations with you. I modified one of Sara’s recipes to create this super tasty
Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza.
I was inspired to make Sara Moulton’s Reuben Pizza recipe, but originally planned to lighten the recipe up a bit by substituting turkey instead or corned beef. That all changed while standing in the deli counter line. I love a traditional reuben with corned beef, so I decided to make both. I set DH to the task of making the homemade pizza dough. Once that was done, and the dough was resting, I prepared all the ingredients for topping the pies. I love when we spend time together in the kitchen on the weekend. It helps us reconnect from the long work week.
Making pizza is so easy, it’s perfect for getting the whole family involved. With the kids helping, it only took minutes to top the pizzas, and then they were ready for the oven.
I am not a fan of Swiss cheese, so I decided to top the corned beef pizza with muenster cheese. Baby also decided she wanted Muenster cheese on her pizza, so I substituted some of the Swiss on the turkey pizza as well. You can see the Muenster browned a little more than the Swiss while baking. I like that the Muenster is also a good melting cheese for pizza like mozzarella. Cheese makes or breaks a pizza when you are experimenting with alternate flavors.
I knew this pizza would be a hit with my husband. Like me, he is a big fan of reuben sandwiches, but rarely makes them at home. I was glad I tried such a fun recipe, that I can easily incorporate into our monthly meal rotation.
This week in addition to all the yummy recipes the crew is sharing, select contributos are giving away a copy of Sara Moulton’s Everyday Family Dinners on their blogs! This is a must have cookbook filled with great recipes, perfect for sharing around the family table. You too can connect with Sara Moulton and her recipes on www.saramoulton.com | Facebook |Twitter, or better yet, grab a last minute ticket to the Food and Wine Conference and meet her in person!
Don’t miss all the other amazing recipes being shared this week by the #SundaySupper crew! Go check them out and get started adding new options to your family’s monthly menu!
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter this week Sunday, July 7th to talk all about our favorite Sara Moulton recipes from her cookbook, Everyday family Meals. And as an extra special treat, Sara Moulton is joining the chat too! How incredible is that?!?! Everyone is welcome so we hope you will join too!
The Sunday Supper group will tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET, and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos! Hope to tweet you there!
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy.
You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- ¾ Cup Russian Dressing (you can make your own, but I just used store bought)
- ½ lb sliced deli turkey
- ¼ lb sliced deli swiss cheese
- 1 cup thoroughly drained sauerkraut (I try and squeeze out any excess liquid)
- Prepare pizza dough ahead of time
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Spread pizza dough out on pizza pan or baking sheet, and bake in oven just until set but not browned
- Roughly chop turkey slices and slice Swiss cheese into small strips and set both aside
- Remove crust from oven and cool slightly
- Rinse and drain sauerkraut removing as much excess moisture as possible and set aside
- In large bowl, mix sauerkraut and Russian dressing
- Spoon sauerkraut and dressing mixture over pizza crust
- Top pizza with chopped deli turkey and sliced cheese
- Place pizza in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese melts and crust is golden brown
- Remove pizza from oven, and allow cheese to set
- Slice and serve with optional Russian dressing on the side