Life has been super busy the last two weeks playing catch up from our trip to Disneyland. I feel like I need an extra boost of caffeine just to keep me on track with multiple projects and deadlines. Y’all know I have a special place in my heart for all things coffee and with the onset of gorgeous, sunny weather here in the South, I thought I would share this delicious Creamy Iced Coffee recipe today.
As the weather warms, I tend to like drinking cold coffee drinks versus my traditional toasty mug. It just fits the weather, my happy feelings for less clothing layers, and the fun of Summer to come. Making this Creamy Iced Coffee is super simple, but it takes a little preparation time because you have to wait for the creamy coffee cubes to freeze.
I love sipping this cool and slightly decadent treat as I leisurely relax in my chair while watching the kids play outside. Soon it will be time for the pool and sprinkler fun. After that you find me hiding in the air conditioned house to escape the insane heat of Summer. Chances are, I will still be sipping this Creamy Iced Coffee.
What’s your favorite iced drink to welcome the sunny, warm weather of Spring and Summer?
- 2 cups of your favorite brewed coffee (be sure to add your sweetner here if you like a sweeter coffee)
- Coffee creamer of your choice (I used the new Dunkin' Donuts Extra Extra Creamy)
- ½ cup milk or cold coffee (depending on how strong you want the coffee flavor to be in the finished drink.
- Whipped cream topping (optional)
- Combine the 2 cups of coffee with your coffee creamer to your liking and pour into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
- Remove cubes from the freezer.
- Add 2 cups of the frozen coffee cubes into a blender.
- Slowly add milk (or coffee) to cubes and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 2 servings.